PDA

View Full Version : Nappies

Nicola Carlyle
11-04-2013, 06:57 AM
What do you all do with yours?

Currently and I have it in my policy that all nappies are double bagged and put in the bin outside which I do but as I'm getting more children I am finding this almost impossible as I can't take them all outside every time someone has a nappy change. My outside bin is out through the back garden and at the top of the drive. I can't bring the bin right to the back door as there are stairs to negotiate etc and I don't like the idea of the bin right next to house. Just my feelings.

Just wondered if you had any suggestions as to what other options I have.

Thanks.

shortstuff
11-04-2013, 06:59 AM
I have a small foot pedal operated bin in my downstairs loo for nappies. I always line it with scented bin liners as this masks the smell. This gets emptied at the end of the day. HTH

muffins
11-04-2013, 07:05 AM
I have mothercare washable nappy buckets as they are air tight. One for my babies nappies, they are washable ones and the bucket is kept next to the washing machine. The othe is for mindees sposies which is kept behind the hoover in the coat/shoe cupboard & emptied into the outside bin when full.

MessybutHappy
11-04-2013, 07:09 AM
I have a lidded bucket outside the back door, then empty to the big bin at the end of the day.

Jenna
11-04-2013, 07:17 AM
I picked up one of those Tommee tippee sangentic nappy bins off a Facebook car boot site for £5 ok the refills are about £15 for 6 but they last ages and there's no smell from it either. It sits neatly in the corner of our downstairs toilet out of the way.

nikkiv
11-04-2013, 07:22 AM
I also have a small bin outside the back door bag them and put them straight in there! I then empty it at the end of the day and clean the bin!

Nicola Carlyle
11-04-2013, 08:51 AM
Some fab ideas guys. Thanks. Will look into getting a smaller bin that maybe can be kept in the downstairs loo or something similar.

jackie 7
11-04-2013, 08:53 AM
I have a bin in my bathroom. I sometimes empty it ifit is smelly.

greanan
11-04-2013, 08:53 AM
I've got a tommee tippee nappy bin in my bathroom. No smells and just empty it every few days

ziggy
11-04-2013, 09:11 AM
I also have a small bin outside back door and drop bagged nappies into that, then when i get a minute pop them into large bin

Tinkerbell1979
11-04-2013, 12:56 PM
I bought a big lidded bucket off eBay and put it just outside my back door then empty into a black sack every night