PDA

View Full Version : Rough night

step11
11-04-2013, 06:13 AM
It's been one rough night! My son was up vomiting every time he coughed, seemed to have alot of phlegm in his chest.

Iv had to text my parents to let them know I wo t be open because if this.

Would you have done the same?

step11
11-04-2013, 06:26 AM
Mum and dad are not happy but their son is also not well has what my son has minus the vomiting. They don't seem fussed their son is sick.
Any way they have asked me to find alternative childcare. I dought anyone will be able to take him on such short notice.

Jenna
11-04-2013, 06:26 AM
My son was like it a few weeks ago and I cancelled everyone too even thou he didn't se really ill but we were both so tired from it, it was nice to have a chilled day for him to get over it.

step11
11-04-2013, 06:38 AM
Luckily local childminder has agreed to take my mindee on short notice. But my parents keep saying mindee ain't well. I don't know what other childminders policy is ok sickness. This is the first time iv had to cancel a day due to sickness.

step11
11-04-2013, 06:40 AM
My son was like it a few weeks ago and I cancelled everyone too even thou he didn't se really ill but we were both so tired from it, it was nice to have a chilled day for him to get over it.

Did you find alternative child care for them?

sarah707
11-04-2013, 06:54 AM
I hope your lo feels better soon xx

ozzy10
11-04-2013, 07:03 AM
Hope your little one is better soon. I would have done the same. I had to take a day off last week as my toddler was unwell, it was my first week back after 9 months maternity. Mum of mindee wasn't happy but I explained I wouldn't want her child to catch it and my little boy was very clingy so we wouldn't be able to do fun things.

MessybutHappy
11-04-2013, 07:11 AM
I'd have done the same! Hope you both get some rest today.

Gemma Smithson
11-04-2013, 07:12 AM
Yes you've done the right thing. I had to ask parents to collect early the other week as my sons school rang to say he had d&v and could I collect. Parents weren't happy and one said I have no choice but to be at work they will have to stay I explained that they may catch d&v and I wouldn't be able to care for lo as needed to concentrate on my own son. Didn't collect till normal times so I had them in seperate rooms but then two days later parent rang saying child had d&v and said was my fault due to my son having it !!

nikkiv
11-04-2013, 07:20 AM
Yes you've done the right thing. I had to ask parents to collect early the other week as my sons school rang to say he had d&v and could I collect. Parents weren't happy and one said I have no choice but to be at work they will have to stay I explained that they may catch d&v and I wouldn't be able to care for lo as needed to concentrate on my own son. Didn't collect till normal times so I had them in seperate rooms but then two days later parent rang saying child had d&v and said was my fault due to my son having it !!

Omg sometimes :( and then to say it was your fault I bet you're tongue bled where you bit it so hard :(

step11
11-04-2013, 07:27 AM

Thanks for reassurance, it's a good think I did cancel today he's just been sick again.

So e parents amaze me honestly! My son cones first no matter what. Do they not think we also miss out on work. Kids golfer sick deal with it! It comes with being a parent. I understand employers can sometimes be a bit fussy but surely your child is priority!

step11
11-04-2013, 02:56 PM
My poor boy really isn't well has been sick again doctor suspects a tummy bug. Looks like I will be off tomorrow due to 48hr policy.

Does anyone else exclude for 48hrs?

ozzy10
11-04-2013, 03:07 PM
Sounds like the bug my toddler had last Thursday. I do exclude for 48hrs.

My little boy was only sick on Thursday but he is only just getting back to his normal self.

Hope he's better soon.

step11
11-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Sounds like the bug my toddler had last Thursday. I do exclude for 48hrs.

My little boy was only sick on Thursday but he is only just getting back to his normal self.

Hope he's better soon.

Aww bless. Its horrible, need to do a spring clean disinfect everything. Don't want my minde catching it when he comes back on Monday.