PDA

View Full Version : just made contact with a random lead!!

butterfly
02-07-2008, 01:54 PM
a very strange thing just happened! was in the park with my 2 kids and was approached by a guy with his d. he had just arrived in england from nz and wanted to settle in the village. he asked q's about the village and school etc and said he was looking at the local nursery for 2 days a week but wasn't impressed. told him about me being a cm (he didn't even know such things existed) he took my name and no and said he might get back to me!! random or what but hopefully something will come out of it!!

avril
02-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Wow that was lucky, good luck :thumbsup:

babyandchild
02-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Lucky you....why don't these things happen to me?? x

Annie_T
02-07-2008, 02:47 PM
so strange but hey if it a lead that comes out to be a contract then woop woop your laughing hun x

sarah707
02-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Should I add that to the list of ways to find business??? :laughing:

Let us know if something comes from it! :D

Pedagog
02-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Lets hope he gets in touch.

ajs
02-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Should I add that to the list of ways to find business??? :laughing:

Let us know if something comes from it! :D

what picking up starngers in the park
wow i bet the kids weren't even his and he was just doing a hugh grant in about a boy

Wendy Woo
02-07-2008, 03:35 PM
what picking up starngers in the park
wow i bet the kids weren't even his and he was just doing a hugh grant in about a boy

do u think that could really happen!!!!!!!

Monkey1
02-07-2008, 04:20 PM
Fingers crossed!
Ps, did helook like HUgh Grant?:laughing:

butterfly
02-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Fingers crossed!
Ps, did helook like HUgh Grant?:laughing:

no but he was good looking!! i hope something does happen as they seemed really nice esp. as 2 days a week would suit me well!!

emler
02-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Fingers crossed he gets in touch then

Lou
02-07-2008, 05:07 PM
It pays to tell people what you do then!

Fingers crossed for you hunxxx

angeldelight
02-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Hope he gets back to you

Angel xx

Rubybubbles
02-07-2008, 06:09 PM
excellent fingers crossed ofr you hun!

I tell anyone who will listen I'm a childminder:laughing:

Heaven Scent
02-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Wow that was brill.:clapping: :clapping:

charleyfarley
02-07-2008, 09:14 PM
Really hope he gets in touch.

Good luck and fingers crossed for you

Carol xx

Pipsqueak
02-07-2008, 09:16 PM
I'm off to lurk in the park tomorrow and accost people.

Can you imagine standing in the kiddie play park, on the highest point and announcing "I am a Childminder" or hiding behind bushes and trees and pouncing on people!!!:laughing:

Well done anyway hun - I really hope something comes of it, it seems like fate.

miss mopple
02-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Hope he gets in touch

I had a lady stop me in the park ages ago and she said she was hoping to get pregnant and would I be interested in minding her baby when she had one (nothing like forward planning :laughing: ). I gave her my card and thought nothing of it.

She rang me last week to say she's now carrying twins and would there be any chance of me having a space next year!

I guess some people like to be organised :laughing:

Pipsqueak
02-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Hope he gets in touch

I had a lady stop me in the park ages ago and she said she was hoping to get pregnant and would I be interested in minding her baby when she had one (nothing like forward planning :laughing: ). I gave her my card and thought nothing of it.

She rang me last week to say she's now carrying twins and would there be any chance of me having a space next year!

I guess some people like to be organised :laughing:

Wow! Thats amazing. I am definately off to lurk in the park lol

RedDragon
03-07-2008, 07:04 AM
Mine is slightly different but equally unusual.

Have been going to my local shop (for local people lol) for a while. There's a girl there who has taken a shine to me - she's obviously gay-and we have a laugh chatting etc in the shop.

I mentioned what I do and her eyes absolutely lit up - she said she was desperate for Childcare! She kept saying fancy that (THINK she was talking about the fact I was a CM).

Anyway, I took my details in for her - it tells a bit about me, the way I work etc.

Few days later she told me she had put child in local nursery.

I'm wondering if it's because among the details it said I was married with children lol.

Pedagog
03-07-2008, 07:56 AM
Mine is slightly different but equally unusual.

Have been going to my local shop (for local people lol) for a while. There's a girl there who has taken a shine to me - she's obviously gay-and we have a laugh chatting etc in the shop.

I mentioned what I do and her eyes absolutely lit up - she said she was desperate for Childcare! She kept saying fancy that (THINK she was talking about the fact I was a CM).

Anyway, I took my details in for her - it tells a bit about me, the way I work etc.

Few days later she told me she had put child in local nursery.

I'm wondering if it's because among the details it said I was married with children lol.

Arghh did you shatter her dreams, poor girl.

aly
03-07-2008, 08:46 AM
Ooooh I'll be going to the park ;)

susi513
03-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Not so lucky here - our parks are usually empty. When I do meet people they're just nutters. I got invited to Egypt at a bus stop once :eek:.

Pedagog
03-07-2008, 01:16 PM
Not so lucky here - our parks are usually empty. When I do meet people they're just nutters. I got invited to Egypt at a bus stop once :eek:.

You too, I always seem to find the nutter at the bus stop or the waiting room.