PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

jo.jo76
10-04-2013, 11:15 AM
LO arrived this morning looking fine but as day is going on she was really sticky mucky eyes. I've cleaned them but it's all mucky again. What do I do? Normally exclude for conjunctivitis for a day till drops are working but as she's here do I just keep her till 5 or let mum know now?

marnieb
10-04-2013, 11:30 AM
let mum know now & ask her to make a docs app for this evening if poss??

chezzagriff
10-04-2013, 11:35 AM
I would let mum know now and ask her to get an appointment for this afternoon as its contagious. Also if you let the child stay this time next time there is something up mum might say "well you let them stay last time"

Mice and Toad
10-04-2013, 12:23 PM
My son had conjunctuvitus a cople of days ago, I thought I would have to phone up My little Mindee and say sorry, but i checked paperwork on it and said just keep everything clean, also my son only got drops for his eyes as there were 2 other problems and only incase. Doctors do not seem to treat it nowadays.

helena_j
10-04-2013, 02:04 PM
I would let mum know if it was my ds I would want to know as he has suffered with conjunctivitis and quite badly to the point our GP will normally prescribe without seeing him these days lol.
His nursery will exclude till 24 hours after drops are given and I would personally do the same to my minded children also.

jo.jo76
10-04-2013, 05:38 PM
Thanks everyone, I did text Mum and let her know, she works over 1hr half away so I took LO to pharmacy to get it checked but because she's under 2 Mum needs to take her to doctors for drops, pharmacist said not all doctors give drops anyway. I checked HPA guidance and it says no exclusion period so she stayed till 5 in the end. At least I don't have her now till Monday so should be all cleared up by then :)