PDA

View Full Version : ofsted inspection

JoJo24
10-04-2013, 09:03 AM
hi everyone
i dont usually post on here but thought i would give it a go
i have my first ofsted inspection at the end of the month. I have been going since nov 2012 so i feel that's not long really.
I only child mind a girl 3-4 days a week it used to be for 3 hours a day but the hours are increasing soon.
I have found it hard to find children to child mind I'm in a village, I have been to the child-minding group once so the other child minders know about me and that's how I found the child I have now because one of the other child minders passed my number on which was very nice. I have had some business cards made and left them in my local doctors, shop for people to pick up. I'm also on the childcare.co.uk payed a fee once but didn't get many inquires. I am also on yell and I have a facebook page is there anything more I can be doing? I have also asked at my local school and children's center but they said they cannot advertise.
Any advice for me, for the inspection also? With me only having a girl part time will this affect my ofsted grading?
Thanks.
Jodie

sarah707
10-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Ofsted will be looking to see that the systems you have set up to make sure the child is making good progress are well established.

They will also want to see you evaluating and thinking about how to improve what you are already doing.

It won't matter if you have 3 children or just 1.

Good luck! :D