PDA

View Full Version : Side by side triple

mammumof4
09-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Has anyone got one and what do you think of it?

Ta :D

sarahmc
09-04-2013, 09:40 PM
I have a o baby triple side by side and is wide. Quite heavy to push (obviously with 3 children in) and you have to put the heaviest in the middle to make steering easier. Saying that Its the ease of putting up and down, they all lie back and it is good for walks at our country park and it goes thru the school gates (just!) find it better than double Maclaren and buggy board.

mammumof4
09-04-2013, 09:51 PM
That's the one I'm thinking of getting, what's it Like up and down curbs? I will have a very big 2 year old, a big 18 month old and a 10 month old in it.
And I suppose I will have to set it up outside my front door and then come back in for the children as it won't fit through my front door so that may be a problem

sarahmc
10-04-2013, 05:50 AM
You have to really lean on it too get up and down curbs but you get the hang of it eventually. I have a 2year old, a 20 month old and a 16 month old. People certainly get out of the way when they see you coming!

Logan
10-04-2013, 06:46 AM
I haven't got an obaby - is that one with 3 sets of handles? I have a side by side with one handlebar, big wheels & fab suspension. It's so easy to push. A friend had one & I tried it out before getting mine. I use it mostly for school runs so I'm not bothered about getting through doorways but didn't want to be hurting myself getting up & down kerbs etc - or struggling with it & being distracted from the other children walking with me. So it really depends what you need, what your priorities are.

It hasn't got a brand name & we had to keep our eyes open on second hand sites for a while as it doesn't seem to be available in the UK at the moment & they wouldn't ship from America. Not cheap but I looked on it as an investment.

If I can find a link I'll show you what it's like.

New Triple 3 Trio Baby Infant Jogger Stroller Triplette Outdoor Roller Chair | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Triple-3-Trio-Baby-Infant-Jogger-Stroller-Triplette-Outdoor-Roller-Chair-/261196319156?pt=Strollers&hash=item3cd08389b4)

Cammie Doodle
10-04-2013, 07:36 AM
I had one years ago, it was heavy to push and kerbs were a nightmare and it also had very small wheels. I think lightweight frames and large wheels are the way to go. Link to triple buggy looks brill . I no longer use a triple I have a Bertini double although very large it is a dream to push (even fully loaded) kerbs are a doddle. I can even manage one handed whilst holding the hand of a walking child :)

mama2three
10-04-2013, 08:13 AM
I haven't got an obaby - is that one with 3 sets of handles? I have a side by side with one handlebar, big wheels & fab suspension. It's so easy to push. A friend had one & I tried it out before getting mine. I use it mostly for school runs so I'm not bothered about getting through doorways but didn't want to be hurting myself getting up & down kerbs etc - or struggling with it & being distracted from the other children walking with me. So it really depends what you need, what your priorities are.

It hasn't got a brand name & we had to keep our eyes open on second hand sites for a while as it doesn't seem to be available in the UK at the moment & they wouldn't ship from America. Not cheap but I looked on it as an investment.

If I can find a link I'll show you what it's like.

New Triple 3 Trio Baby Infant Jogger Stroller Triplette Outdoor Roller Chair | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Triple-3-Trio-Baby-Infant-Jogger-Stroller-Triplette-Outdoor-Roller-Chair-/261196319156?pt=Strollers&hash=item3cd08389b4)

i used to haved the double version of this - the brand is 'safetech'
Great to push , but very wide and very very heavy to lift / store.

jackie 7
10-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Don't buy 2nd hand. I had s new one from a web site it was cheap but a wheel broke I bought a new one but they had changed the design and it didn't stay on. Very heavy. Didn't go into shops. Yes it folds but so heavy to move. Now have a triple jogger and love it.