PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted Application

lwesthorp
09-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Hi All,

Just filling out the Ofsted Application Form and I'm stuck on the local authority approved training courses. I have completed the CYPOP5 and I thought that was the only course I needed to do. Actually I've also completed the local safeguarding & integrated business online courses.

Out of interest how long does the application usually take to process? I need it to be done by the 28th may as I have provisionally got children booked in , is this date realistic?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

adedwards68
10-04-2013, 07:38 AM
Hi

I know Ofsted say they hope to have you registered by 12 weeks but I know the DBS can take some time, that's what I'm still waiting for!
The government website says 4 weeks but I've had them before where they've taken longer and not because there were any convictions or problems
Even after you've had your pre reg you can't start minding until you've received your certificate, that could take a week
I sent my forms of about 4 weeks ago and I'm hoping that everything will be in place for me to start minding by July
Hopefully someone on the forum can tell you that from when they sent the forms to being able to mind was a lot quicker
Could you not nanny in the child's own home until you are registered?

adedwards68
10-04-2013, 08:32 AM
Also I sent all my forms off before I got my health declaration back from my doctor, that took over 4 weeks, just put a note in with ofsted forms stating i would send it as soon as I received it back from doctors
I also got my references and sent them off with form

suziealderton
10-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Hi All,

Just filling out the Ofsted Application Form and I'm stuck on the local authority approved training courses. I have completed the CYPOP5 and I thought that was the only course I needed to do. Actually I've also completed the local safeguarding & integrated business online courses.

Out of interest how long does the application usually take to process? I need it to be done by the 28th may as I have provisionally got children booked in , is this date realistic?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

my forms went in at the start of jan, had my pre reg on friday. total time just under 12 weeks. good luck x

Goldilocks
14-04-2013, 08:26 PM
I sent my forms of in January and still waiting so have been waiting 4 months now. All checks are done but waiting for the social services check to come back still. Hope they get back to you quicker than they have me. Good luck! :)

adedwards68
14-04-2013, 08:31 PM
What are the social services checks?