PDA

View Full Version : Helping a Child cope with Death/Loss

Carol
09-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Those of you who read my previous threads know I have had to support a family whose 1 year old son died.
I then realised I only had one book dealing with this tricky subject. I searched the net and found a fantastic child friendly book and thought I would share with you.

Its called

"The Copper Tree" (Helping a Child Cope with Death and Loss)
by Hilary Robinson and Mandy Stanley

We all have sat and read it over and over again. Well worth the money and a nice way of talking about death/loss

Carol

sarah707
09-04-2013, 05:39 PM
Thank you for sharing xx

teginder81
04-03-2014, 02:26 PM
My oldest son is 7.5, and one of his classmates died this year in a terrible accident. I went up to school to have lunch with the kids the day after her accident. They all knew and understood that they wouldn't see her again, but they were completely matter of fact about it. I was pretty shocked at the degree to which they just accepted it.

We took our kids to my husband's grandmother's funeral this past weekend.

sarah707
30-03-2014, 10:15 AM
This blog has been written to support childminders who are talking about death with children x

Sarah's Blog: Let's talk about death... (http://knutsfordchildminding.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/lets-talk-about-death.html)

Mrs Scrubbit
30-03-2014, 06:35 PM
Thanks Sarah, very good info which will prove useful to all of us at some point in time xx