PDA

View Full Version : Child ratios

Sabs1981
09-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Hi there

New to this but could do with some advice, with the new certificates out and conditions of registration lifted can someone just confirm that I would be able to take on a 9 month old and 22 month old on a day I already have a 14 month and my own two year old son?

Thanks

sarah707
09-04-2013, 05:34 PM
You cannot change the conditions of your registration to take on new children.

You can only do it in exceptional circumstances for continuity of care.

The wording is in the ratios section of the EYFS and Ofsted's factsheet :D

Ofsted | Factsheet: childcare - The numbers and ages of children that providers on the Early Years and Childcare Registers may care for (http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/factsheet-childcare-numbers-and-ages-of-children-providers-early-years-and-childcare-registers-may-c)

Sabs1981
09-04-2013, 06:26 PM
I thought that may be the case why change the certificates and send letters saying removing of conditions of registration sorry just a little confused with it all

sarah707
10-04-2013, 05:35 PM
I thought that may be the case why change the certificates and send letters saying removing of conditions of registration sorry just a little confused with it all

They are removing the conditions of your registration by taking all the conditions off your certificate and telling you that the statutory requirements in the EYFS are your conditions instead.

Does that make sense? :D

hectors house
10-04-2013, 06:45 PM
Didn't want to ask before as that would be admitting defeat but after reading that the ratio battle has been lost does anyone know if we can have 4 children from Sept as standard without it being for continuity of care? It's not something I really intend to do every day but as my mindees are all so part time sometimes I get an enquiry for 2 days when I only have a space for 1 day and I have to turn them away.

Essbops
10-04-2013, 06:51 PM
I got told its not certain about the sep change yet but seems to me like they gonna push on with it!

sarah707
10-04-2013, 06:53 PM
Didn't want to ask before as that would be admitting defeat but after reading that the ratio battle has been lost does anyone know if we can have 4 children from Sept as standard without it being for continuity of care? It's not something I really intend to do every day but as my mindees are all so part time sometimes I get an enquiry for 2 days when I only have a space for 1 day and I have to turn them away.

It is not lost! We are still fighting... in fact the Forum sent it's petition to DofE and Truss the other day and I have just finished writing the press release.

I am not giving up yet! :cheerleader:

Optimalstar
10-04-2013, 07:04 PM
Hi there

New to this but could do with some advice, with the new certificates out and conditions of registration lifted can someone just confirm that I would be able to take on a 9 month old and 22 month old on a day I already have a 14 month and my own two year old son?

Thanks

You're braver than I. I have my 2 1/2 year old and a 13 month old at the same time with a half hour when i also have my 3 year old. i'm not sure I'd like anymore little ones at the same time.