PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Got some daft questions

mummyroysof3
02-07-2008, 12:07 PM
hi,

I know these proberly sound really daft but i just wondered.

1, If a friend wanted to come round while im minding and bought her children would that affect my numbers?

2, I cant drive but have family that do, would i be able to ask them to give us lifts to places if there wasnt a bus there?

Thats it for now i think lol

charlotte x:)

mum2two
02-07-2008, 12:17 PM
You can have friends round whilst you're minding, and as long as they stay there they do not affect your numbers, as you are not responsible for them. Just get them to sign the visitors book! :thumbsup:

As for someone else driving you - I'm not entirely sure. I don't think they could, as we have to have business use on our car insurance to cover the mindees...

I'm sure someone will be along to clarify soon enough!

Kelly x

Jinx
02-07-2008, 12:20 PM
hi,

I know these proberly sound really daft but i just wondered.

1, If a friend wanted to come round while im minding and bought her children would that affect my numbers?
as long as your friend stayed with her kids they are not your responsibility so don't affect your numbers. (You shouldn't leave the mindees alone with her though. :D )

2, I cant drive but have family that do, would i be able to ask them to give us lifts to places if there wasnt a bus there?
I guess you would need permission form the mindees parents to transport in someone elses are. Not sure how you stand with insurance here though. Someone else will probably know. :thumbsup:

Thats it for now i think lol

charlotte x:)

Hope this is helpful. :thumbsup:
Jinx x

Annie_T
02-07-2008, 12:27 PM
i think that you are allowed friends round to visit (but make sure they sign in and out- safe guard u in case hun) but im unsure bout children and effecting your numbers

i think you would have to get parents to sign a form stating you allowed x

caza
02-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Hi sorry to jump in this thread but was just wondering my dad is a taxi driver would that make any difference? So would it be ok for him to drive us? I would presume he would have to be working at the time even if he didn't charge me :rolleyes:

ChocolateChip
02-07-2008, 12:50 PM
As others have said you will be fine with visitors as long as you sign them in, and they are responsible for their own kids.
I would check with your insurance company about getting lifts from people and see what they say, then if they ok it you will need permission forms and to ensure the drivers have the correct licence, insurance,MOT, etc. You will also need to be careful about not leaving lo's alone with someone who isn't crb checked, no offence meant!

karenjoy
02-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Yep you just need perminssion from the parents to take them out in cars if you are not driving, I dont at the mo but Hubby drives our car.

He has mentioned to the insurance company when we renewed it that I am a childminder though? or maybe that was the house insurance???:D

mummyroysof3
02-07-2008, 02:19 PM
wow im impressed, no one laughed at me lol

Hubby has now thrown a spanner in the works and said he doesnt want to be in the house when mindees are here im not sure im going to be able to do this after all im gutted , does anyone have any advise about how their other halfs cope.

Id only have one under 5 cos mine are 3 and 1 but hubby does early shifts an finishes at either 2pm 3pm or 4pm and has a day off in the week, so i dont see how i can work round him.

charlotte x:(

mum22
02-07-2008, 03:00 PM
wow im impressed, no one laughed at me lol

Hubby has now thrown a spanner in the works and said he doesnt want to be in the house when mindees are here im not sure im going to be able to do this after all im gutted , does anyone have any advise about how their other halfs cope.

Id only have one under 5 cos mine are 3 and 1 but hubby does early shifts an finishes at either 2pm 3pm or 4pm and has a day off in the week, so i dont see how i can work round him.

charlotte x:(

Hi Charlotte, my hubby is seldom here when i have mindees, but if he is (blue moon) he stays well out of the way - normally huddled around a rugby dvd in our bedroom - :laughing:

mummyroysof3
02-07-2008, 04:01 PM
he spends most of his time upstairs on pc anyway, so i cant really understand why he bothered myself but thats men for you i guess lol

devoncm
02-07-2008, 04:25 PM
my df isnt that bothered rreally, he works 12 hr shifts 4 days on and days off then he will do 4 nights,on his days off he'll either do over time or go for game of golf,if he is at home he'll be in front of pc, very occaisionally he will help with what ever im doing,
you might want to point out that you might only get part time children, if he has the same day off each week maybe you could do the same?

kindredspirits
02-07-2008, 04:28 PM
my hubby isn't too keen on loads of kids around - so he's making himself a haven in the bedroom, putting his comp in there etc - the way i see it is if you are going to be contributing to your income then they've just got to suffer it! :D

as for the car, you do need business insurance even if someone else is driving, i.e. your hubby could drive but he'd need to have business insurance.

whoever asked about their dads taxi, that'll be fine as he has business insurance!

hth love anna x

manjay
02-07-2008, 04:50 PM
I think it really helps to have your oh's support in this job. I am really lucky that my dh registered at the same time as me so knows exactly what is involved. He is self employed so quite often spends a day at home working with me. I look after all boys and what has come out of my questionairres is that they really like a male influence around. Either that or they just don't like me:D

I guess what I am trying to say is that I would struggle to do this job if my dh didn't support me fully but everyone is different

Hannahlg
02-07-2008, 07:33 PM
well my dad is around quite a bit as he is a milkman and also has a parttime job he meets me at school with kids at 3.15pm and brings us home he then dose work for his milk round upstairs and has a sleep (dont ask me how he sleep with the nose the kids makes ) and he dose help put if we need it

and he reg assisstant aswell

but you see when my dad was a child when he came hoem form school his mum wasnt thier as he was working. and he didnt wont that for me so by my mum bieng a childminder she was around for me and bring money in

he likes thw children too there like him to