PDA

View Full Version : tax credits

Carla Watts
08-04-2013, 07:40 PM
I have just worked out my income from apr 12 to apr 13. I have just been looking at the tax credits, and realise I could have claimed. Can I still do so, for last year? even though it's a new tax year now??

tigwig
08-04-2013, 08:13 PM
I think so as they usually base the information on the previous year anyway but I'm not sure. Is there any info online as I would imagine the phone lines will be horrendous at this time of year.

sarah707
08-04-2013, 09:31 PM
I suggest you clear an hour tomorrow and ring them. Good luck x

angeldelight
08-04-2013, 09:33 PM

An hour :laughing:

One of my parents was on for two hours last week and they put the phone down on her after all that ha ha

I agree though with Sarah ..best to call them

Angel xx

chezzagriff
09-04-2013, 06:33 AM
Yes you definitely need to free up an hour or so to call them, I called them once at 7.10 and was on hold that long that we had to rush the conversation as the phones automatically switched off at 8!!! I also called another time and they had a fire drill so after being on hold for ages I had the phone put down on. Call them though as all they can say is yes or no. Hope its a yes :thumbsup:

FussyElmo
09-04-2013, 06:40 AM
I think they will only backdate for so long now - I think its 6 weeks.

Kiddleywinks
09-04-2013, 07:48 AM

An hour?! At this time of year?? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

You can use last years income to claim them for this year, but I don't think you can backdate the claim for more than 4 or 6 weeks now. It used to be 3 months, but that changed a long time ago.