PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted targets weaker providers

Simona
08-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Looks like inspections are getting tougher...grades appear to drop, as PLA says will this help with the 2 year old funding if many are now graded satisfactory?

Ofsted targets weaker providers | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/news/rss/1177530/Ofsted-targets-weaker-providers/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

SammySplodger
08-04-2013, 05:29 PM
Looks like inspections are getting tougher...grades appear to drop, as PLA says will this help with the 2 year old funding if many are now graded satisfactory?

Ofsted targets weaker providers | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/news/rss/1177530/Ofsted-targets-weaker-providers/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

Oh great... more good news :-/
Ho hum

Chatterbox Childcare
08-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Has anyone heard of a childminders grade drop yet as I haven't?

Looks like we are doing something right.

TAKE NOTE Sue Gregory!

Mrs Scrubbit
08-04-2013, 07:10 PM

TAKE NOTE Sue Gregory!

I had an email a couple of months ago from our local NCMA( so called then)that grades in our area had dropped -Goods now getting satisfactory, after all these years if I drop a grade I will pack up , inspecction overdue x

hectors house
08-04-2013, 08:07 PM
Stupid people if Ofsted are mostly still only inspecting childminders who got inadequate or satisfactory last time, it is unlikely that many of them will jump up to Good and outstanding - these figures aren't worth the paper they were printed on or the time they took to calculate.:panic:

angeldelight
08-04-2013, 08:59 PM

TAKE NOTE Sue Gregory!

I have not either

Angel xx

welshgirl
08-04-2013, 09:17 PM
I don't know any childminders that got a good/outstanding last time have a new inspection, only new or satisfactory childminders seem to have had a visit in my area. Some have had a good, some satisfactory, no outstandings yet.

Helen Dempster
09-04-2013, 08:08 PM
Oh god...I've got my inspection coming up very very soon and I'm worrying now! I'll be devastated if I get a lower grade than my 'Good'.

hectors house
09-04-2013, 08:17 PM
I don't know any childminders that got a good/outstanding last time have a new inspection, only new or satisfactory childminders seem to have had a visit in my area. Some have had a good, some satisfactory, no outstandings yet.

Donkey has had a new inspection and got outstanding, don't know if her inspection was due or whether she had moved house or if in her area the inspectors are keeping up better than the rest of the country?

Simona
09-04-2013, 08:20 PM
The report seems to imply the results are for 'nurseries' ...cms are not mentioned?
I wish the LAs would get into action and help identify which areas providers need to address that may be the problem...they get first sights of Ofsted inspections so they know...what is going on?

I also wonder if this is not going to undermine the govt plan for good/outstanding to deliver the funding for 2 year olds? if providers drop their grades to satisfactory then the whole thing goes upside down...but then I read they will allow 'satisfactory' to do the funding as well as proposed in 2.7 of the consultation....and a new inspection framework is due in 2013....sounds like the grand old duke of York to me!

Good news about Donkey...well done! I wonder if there was a way to get feedback from those who have recently been inspected?