PDA

View Full Version : HELLLPPPP ME AGAIN .....

lorettacritchet
08-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Ok, so those of you who know me, know I am in the middle of a legal dispute with a student who left me out of the blue in November and left me with a hole of £1,906.
Ok so we finally heard from her after a while and I am confused how this family do not understand that I resubmitted a very obvious and colourful invoice showing that I had deducted all my time off and told them I was happy to forget about the overtime owed so long as they paid the monies owed. Instead what they have done is kept to their figure of £1706, added the overtime and told me they only owe me £1821.50!!!

Further more I have had to read sentences like this:

"Not only have I had to put up with worrying about my frequently upset baby in her care due to the behaviour of her daughter".....really can this woman see through "magical walls"? was she with me 24/7???? :angry:

"She gave my daughter the lack of attention due to many other children there" - erm kept well within my numbers and had an assistant....how annoying!

"Complaining about looking after my daughter and wanted my partner to leave me alone" (this is while she was giving birth). I never complained, he told me he would be with me by 5 and yet at 6pm still hadn't sent me a text or anything!

Although she was ever so delightful to advise me the student department "overlooked her application" and now a wait of another 4 weeks!!!!

What should I do? I more wanting to fight this woman.....it's annoying that they just don't want to understand they owe me every bit of money I invoiced for but at the same time I just want to end this. They are obviously just very stupid.

Now my mistake, when I prepared a response to their complaint regarding my daughter's behaviour, I prepared a letter saying that no accident reports had been completed due to bad behaviour etc. Only recently I have found and the letter states that they have ONE accident report, that this child got so near my daughter who was playing with a flute whilst standing the child stood up under the flute and hit her head on it!!!! The only reason overlooked this was that it was mixed up with their legal file which is kept separately to the child's archived file.....what should I do?

hectors house
08-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Oh dear don't really know what to advise - I keep all my accident records together rather than in the child's own folder, but everyone has their own way of doing things. You could write acknowledging their evidence of an accident/incident but it sounds like a pretty small incident and sounds like their daughter was at fault through invading your daughter's personal space rather than a pre-meditated assault by your child - it was an accident and even if your child had wacked their child over the head with the flute at the end of the day they are children, these things happen it is all part of learning to manage feelings.

Chatterbox Childcare
08-04-2013, 04:47 PM
talk to the legal department of your insurance company. We can give our own views but they are the professionals.

windles
17-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Morning

I recently took on my best friend as an assistant which I have to say was the biggest mistake of my life.
Anyway after 4 weeks of non stop stress I decided to tell her it was not working out standing in full view of a parent
with a cup of coffee in her hand was the last straw. The thing is she did a food safety course and her certificate has come through
do i just give it too her even though I had to pay £45 for the course.

Really not sure what to do.

Windles.

adedwards68
17-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Personally I would give her the certificate as its no use to you and just think of it as a learning curve -

rickysmiths
17-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Morning

I recently took on my best friend as an assistant which I have to say was the biggest mistake of my life.
Anyway after 4 weeks of non stop stress I decided to tell her it was not working out standing in full view of a parent
with a cup of coffee in her hand was the last straw. The thing is she did a food safety course and her certificate has come through

Really not sure what to do.

Windles.

Even though you paid for it the Certificate is hers. Just put the £45 in your Expenses and give her her Certificate.

unalindura77
17-06-2013, 03:09 PM

So is coffee a no no then? :blush:

hectors house
17-06-2013, 03:19 PM

So is coffee a no no then? :blush:

No coffee isn't a no no, but standing while drinking a hot drink presumably near children obviously was. I make a cup of tea and leave it in the kitchen until it has cooled down - I set a timer on the cooker for 10 mins and then drink it in the kitchen away from the children.

unalindura77
17-06-2013, 03:50 PM
No coffee isn't a no no, but standing while drinking a hot drink presumably near children obviously was. I make a cup of tea and leave it in the kitchen until it has cooled down - I set a timer on the cooker for 10 mins and then drink it in the kitchen away from the children.

Now that's careful planning. I just felt sorry for her standing there with her cup of coffee lol. But you do want an assistant who is self aware as well as safety aware! Ah well, common sense is not always so common. (says she).

bunyip
17-06-2013, 04:06 PM

Obvious to you and I, but maybe not to an industrial tribunal. It's worth remembering that assistants are employees, and there are risks in not treating them as such..... even if that means stating the obvious.

windles
18-06-2013, 10:06 AM
I am going to give her the certificate and she was given an induction before she started she just cant seem what the problem is
her attitude is that it was ok for her to do things around her children she really didn't get that its a business and you have to do thing differently.

Many Thanks for the help.

Windles

bunyip
18-06-2013, 05:25 PM
I think you're doing the right thing. She just doesn't sound at all suitable. :(