PDA

View Full Version : Term time only

jashol
08-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Am just thinking how do you charge for term time only ? Do you charge extra on your hourly rate to cover the holidays or just hope that you fill the holidays space only and keep the fee for term time only at the same fee you charge full time children

zippy
08-04-2013, 10:12 AM
Am just thinking how do you charge for term time only ? Do you charge extra on your hourly rate to cover the holidays or just hope that you fill the holidays space only and keep the fee for term time only at the same fee you charge full time children

I'm planning to charge extra, I charge half in school hols if not attending like to keep numbers low to spend time with own kids, so i took my normal fee x 39, then half fee x 13 added together and divided by 39 to get term time only fee, this way I didn't lose out but they felt happy that they weren't paying a retainer fee.

jelly jiggles
08-04-2013, 12:41 PM
I am quite generous and don't charge any extra. I like having quiet holidays so my kids get more attention. : )

Daftbat
08-04-2013, 12:45 PM
I am quite generous and don't charge any extra. I like having quiet holidays so my kids get more attention. : )

I am the same - prefer to be a bit quieter in the hols if possible.

kellib
08-04-2013, 12:54 PM

Me too! Perfectly happy not to work holidays :)

CLL
08-04-2013, 01:48 PM
I would charge a higher hourly rate

SammySplodger
08-04-2013, 01:53 PM
I do all term time only contracts, with the option to do 'additional hours' to be arranged at least 4 weeks in advance of school holidays. Older siblings get priority over anyone new just requiring holiday care.

It works out well for me - means its quieter and my kids happier, but still a little bit of money coming in. I don't do different rates, but just keep money aside to cover July / Aug.

chezzagriff
08-04-2013, 05:24 PM
I charge half in school holidays but this means that if they choose to use the place they can (at usual rate)

Tazmin68
08-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Like others I have term time only contracts 4 children and I have 2 children school holidays only contracts. I like it a little quieter as I spend more time with my own two boys as well. I don't charge any fee during hols for term time only

Chatterbox Childcare
08-04-2013, 05:53 PM
I have term time contracts but within the cost is a 50% retainer charge for under 8's.

welshgirl
08-04-2013, 09:29 PM
When I started minding I had teachers children and used to charge 50% for the school hols. When they left I got used to having the school holidays off, it was so nice spending that time with my kids, and having time for myself to re charge for the next term. So now all my contracts are term time only and I do not charge at all for the school hols. I do however work now and then during the holidays when parents are stuck, I don't charge any extra for this, just normal rate.

The Juggler
08-04-2013, 09:42 PM
i don't charge either cos I like the time off. :thumbsup:

angeldelight
08-04-2013, 09:43 PM

I charge the same rate for term or holiday children

I've never taken a retainer because I've always been full for both so I've never seen the need

Angel xx