PDA

View Full Version : Numerousy and Literacy Test

Karen Unsworth
07-04-2013, 09:30 PM
I'm due to do the Numerousy and Literacy Test on Friday to determine if I can do the child minding course.
Has anyone done this test and if so give me some idea of the kind of questions please?

shortstuff
07-04-2013, 09:53 PM
I completed it about a year ago. If memory serves me it was ok. Nothing to worry about. the worst part was the apprehension.

Im sure you will be fine, good luck and remember, please let us know how you get on. :D

angeldelight
07-04-2013, 09:55 PM
I've heard it's fairly basic questions

I think we all worry when we have tests or exams

I'm sure you will be fine

Good luck and yes keep us posted

Angel xx

CLL
08-04-2013, 06:30 AM
Is this a new thing or does it just depend on your LA? I did my training in September and no one on the course mentioned having to do this.

shortstuff
08-04-2013, 06:43 AM
I believe its if you cant prove your gcse results? I had to complete it a year ago.

Bob
08-04-2013, 06:53 AM
Good luck on Friday Karen. Im sure you'll do fine. :cool:

Karen Unsworth
11-04-2013, 01:27 PM
No one actually asked me about my GCSEs they just said everyone has to do it before starting the course to prove they are capable of learning.
I will let you know how it was tomorrow. :-/

The Juggler
11-04-2013, 10:22 PM
is this just part of the college entrance. we did this starting the foundation degree but there was no pass or fail as such. If you HAD to pass or fail to get on the course, they should be able to provide you with practice papers etc. call the training provider and find out. :)

TAZ
11-04-2013, 10:41 PM
I did these tests just a couple of weeks ago, prior to signing up to do my level 3 with PACEY.
The questions were not particularly difficult (just the layout of the comprehension questions was frustrating as I had to keep scrolling up & down the page) It's not a timed test as such (although it does tell you how long you took) and you get no feedback as to which questions you got right or wrong - just whether you passed.
Hope it goes ok for you :)

Karen Unsworth
12-04-2013, 07:37 PM
I did the tests. It was two 20min tests. One literacy as one numerousy. Both were so easy. It was questions like 3+5 and spot the spelling mistakes.
I can't believe I had to do it as it was a really silly test that a primary school child could have done.
Oh well. Now for the proper course starting on Wednesday. I guess that won't be so easy.