PDA

View Full Version : Garden ideas - what can I do with my present from dh?

LauraS
07-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Dh brought me a present this week... eight logs, maybe three ft long and nine inches in diameter. He said he saw the trees being felled and thought of me, how well he knows me! :D

Does anyone have any ideas? I wanted to have a log sitting area, shamelessly stolen from someone here who has similar, but they are a little too small in diameter for that...

zippy
07-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Dh brought me a present this week... eight logs, maybe three ft long and nine inches in diameter. He said he saw the trees being felled and thought of me, how well he knows me! :D

Does anyone have any ideas? I wanted to have a log sitting area, shamelessly stolen from someone here who has similar, but they are a little too small in diameter for that...

Have you or anyone you know got a circular saw you could cut them into discs and sand them so kids could stack them or use them in role play etc

blue bear
07-04-2013, 07:04 PM
Could you turn them on their sides and cut into them like little arm chairs?

LauraS
07-04-2013, 07:32 PM
I think they're too small for chairs unfortunately. Don't have a circular.saw but do have a bribeable husband and a hand saw ;).

MessybutHappy
07-04-2013, 08:12 PM
If possible, disc one, make the underside of one flat so that it can be a balance beam, and chop the last one into bigger chunks to build with, a disc on top of a stump = a table!
Cool dh to realise the potential, hope the woodwork doesn't put him off!!:clapping:

SammySplodger
07-04-2013, 09:50 PM
Very big pencils? You'd need to make one end pointy and paint them :-) Not very 'natural' or practical, just decorative really. But put them on a dry / drainable surface or they just rot down eventually....

Oooh - Unless THAT's the plan? Turn them into a mini-beast 'home' and stuff the gaps with rotting leaves and clumps of turf. Maybe you could do that in such a way that there is an easy to remove part, so you can look inside at all the wriggling going on!

Oooo - quite want some logs myself now...

angeldelight
07-04-2013, 09:53 PM
Oh I'm jealous

I want some logs too

Pics please when you decide

Angel xx

skatie
08-04-2013, 08:35 AM
Stepping stones? Cut at different heights and dug into the ground so the kids can hop across them?

hectors house
08-04-2013, 11:06 AM
What a lovely husband - whenever we are out in the woods dog walking and I see a log I say to my husband "that would be good in the garden" and he says "you carry it back to the car then, and I'll help you put it in"!

FussyElmo
08-04-2013, 11:32 AM
What a lovely husband - whenever we are out in the woods dog walking and I see a log I say to my husband "that would be good in the garden" and he says "you carry it back to the car then, and I'll help you put it in"!

My dh says that all the time basically refusing to carry it :-)