PDA

View Full Version : Help activity ideas needed???

littleDs31
07-04-2013, 06:47 PM
I have a child coming tomorrow as a one off emergency cover. Child is 9 and has bags of energy and diagnosed ADHD. It may lead to possible further work which I need so want the child to enjoy his time here and want to come back!! :)) my question is what activities can I provide for an energetic 9 yr old boy????

Maza
07-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Get outside as much as you can if the weather is fine - balls, planting etc. He will also need some down time, so painting (open ended), lego, reading, age appropriate TV show, wordsearches.

squeely wheely
07-04-2013, 07:10 PM
An assault course in the garden! Using maybe a tunnel to crawl through, bean bags to zig zag round etc.. You could put a flag at the end which he grabs to show he's finished. Maybe improve his time or race you.

VeggieSausage
07-04-2013, 07:22 PM
I would go to the Park, muddy walk, something outside...

SammySplodger
07-04-2013, 08:13 PM
Den building! Old groundsheet / tarpaulin covered with any bits of garden foliage which needs cutting back. Have lunch inside it too.
:-D

littleDs31
08-04-2013, 08:49 AM
All great ideas thank you :) all is calm at the moment as they are building a scaletrix track. Den building and assault courses sound great fun will do them this afternoon. :)