PDA

View Full Version : What supplies do you have for babies?

sprinkles
07-04-2013, 06:13 PM
What things do you have that you have bought for babies? I'm wondering if I should have spare bibs etc here in case parents don't provide them? I was thinking of getting some dribble bibs too.

Anything else in particular I will need? I'm guessing parents will provide bottles?

ozzy10
07-04-2013, 06:34 PM
I ask parents to supply everything. I do have some things I could use in an emergency as I have my own young children but I wouldn't buy any for just in case, you are going to have the expense of washing them as well as buying them if you provide them.

If babies are weaned and eating finger foods I will provide their food but if they are eating purees I ask parents to. Bottles and formula are provided by parents as are nappies and wipes.

Helen

littletreasures
07-04-2013, 06:37 PM
I've got bibs, beakers, spoons, bowls and dummies too.

Dribble bibs I got from funky giraffe. They are lovely and great value. My parents have seen them and got some from home too, so I've had to put my initials on my ones in case they go home by mistake.

Parents buy bottles for me to have here.

It saves parents having to think about putting these things in the bag daily.

Mouse
07-04-2013, 06:44 PM
I use my own bibs for babies. I found I'd put a dirty one in the nappy bag to go home & it was still there a week later, going all yucky!

I use my own bibs now, then put them straight in the washing machine.

I also keep a supply of bottles, beakers, spoons, forks etc. Some parents prefer to send their own, other are happy for me to use mine. I don't have a steriliser though, so parents do have to supply sterilised bottles if they are needed.

Maza
07-04-2013, 06:54 PM
I had to invest in some dribble bibs as the parents never supplied enough. Cheap flannels/muslins for washing hands/faces after meals and snacks. Reins for toddlers.

Maza
07-04-2013, 06:59 PM
I also build up a supply of nappies. I don't provide nappies but I make sure I have three spare ones just incase the parents forget them (which happens). The parents usually put about four in the changing bag and if I don't use up all four then I will keep hold of one to build up my emergency supply. My parents don't supply nappy sacks either, even though I ask them to. I bought a formula dispencer (I think that is what it is called) so that I can count out the formula scoops and put them in my bag to make up the feeds when out and about. x

margaret
07-04-2013, 07:00 PM
I provide long sleeved mum 2 mum bibs,dribble bibs and aprons for older kids,cannot bear skanky bibs (white bibs stay white ) or kids with food stains all down them.Also supply cutlery,plate/bowl/cup new for each child - pet hate is beakers that have been chewed,and plastic containers that have been burnt in microwave or plastic that has knife marks on where food has been cut in them,also plastic containers that still have stickers left on .

clareelizabeth1
07-04-2013, 07:05 PM
I've got bibs, beakers, spoons, bowls and dummies too.

Dribble bibs I got from funky giraffe. They are lovely and great value. My parents have seen them and got some from home too, so I've had to put my initials on my ones in case they go home by mistake.

Parents buy bottles for me to have here.

It saves parents having to think about putting these things in the bag daily.

Thanks littletreasures I just spent a lot of money lol your post should of come with a warning. But my little boy is going to look real good.

sprinkles
07-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Thanks everyone. I got some plates and cutlery from ikea and have a couple of different beakers too. Think I'll get some bibs though.