PDA

View Full Version : Themes

greanan
07-04-2013, 12:21 PM
What's everyone's themes just now? My mind has gone blank on what crafty activities to do next week. We had loads of Easter and spring bits to keep us busy but they're all finished now

skatie
07-04-2013, 01:49 PM
It's the anniversary of the launch of space shuttle Columbia next week so we are looking at that. Have loads of giant boxes to make a big space ship and have been looking at crafts online ie small space shuttle out of old loo roll etc.

Pixie dust
07-04-2013, 02:42 PM
I don't really use themes I just follow the children's interests and take it from there.

jillplum
07-04-2013, 04:16 PM
I am still on spring, growing and mothers and babies here.

MessybutHappy
07-04-2013, 04:50 PM
Spring? Isn't it still mid-winter?!!!! I have a theme as a fall back, but mostly ideas come from wanting to develop something for a child, so it's all a bit random! I'm on insects and animals at the moment, but the children wouldn't notice, they're too young!

Maza
07-04-2013, 07:12 PM
I've not done much on Spring as it's only just beginning to feel like Spring here. We've collected twigs from the Common and put them in water and so we might draw them next week. We've just been to the garden centre and got some flowers to plant and spotted some frogspawn in the local pond and so we'll look at that and have 5 Speckled Frogs as our focus song, look at the life cycle of frogs etc. My almost two year old is really into stacking/building at the momet and so we will have different things out for him to build with. I am going to give him a box with a slit cut into the top to post bottle lids through as he is also into posting. If he manages that I will give him a money box and coins to post. He's not into themes. Free painting does the trick for him as far as craft activities are concerned. x