PDA

View Full Version : Need help with first Nursery Milk Scheme reimbursement application please!

Samcat
07-04-2013, 11:09 AM
I'm trying to complete my very first application for March. I can see there are only a few boxes to fill in, but I'm getting so confused!
When I initially applied I was unsure and asked for advice here and as my numbers can change weekly and put down the maximum I can have per session (3).
I understand that it's classed as two sessions per day, so if a child is here for a full day, you can only claim for one session/one third of a pint of milk for them. However, this isn't clear on the claim form as it asks for an average number of children attending. So if I put 2 children (and they attend full days), doesn't that make it look like I have double the number I'm actually claiming for as there's nowhere to specify the sessions?
How do other people do this?
I was afraid to send it off as it stands in case it was wrong!

Chatterbox Childcare
07-04-2013, 01:00 PM
I did mine yesterday and cannot get into a blank form so I am doing this from memory - be patient!

The first box - doesn't it ask for number of days?

Right hand box - number of pints and next to it total amount being claimed.

If you do it wrong then it won't submit. Try it online, it is a lot quicker

Hope that helps

Mouse
07-04-2013, 04:28 PM
I've just logged in to see what it says online. I guess it will be similar to the paper form.

The first box is: number of attendance days. For March I worked 16 days, so that's what I put in there.

The next box is: Average number of children per session. I have between 2-4 children per session, so I put it as 3. When I first registered I put the number of sessions per week as 10.

Then: number of pints/litres. I look through my diary at how many children I had over the month, so how many 1/3pts I bought during the month. Divide it by 3 to get the number of pints.

Finally: total cost.. For that I put the total amount I paid for the milk.

I don't think it matters so much what your sessions are. I am down as doing 10 sessions a week and an average of 3 children per session, so it does look as if I could claim for 30 lots of milk per week. As it is, if I worked 5 days a week with 3 children a day, I would claim 15 amounts per week. The important bit is that my claim isn't above the maximum I could claim for.

I would guess you are down as doing 10 sessions a week? You need to put how many days you worked, then how many children per session (ie. 2). The real figures they're interested in are the number of pints you're claiming for & the actual amount you paid.

Samcat
07-04-2013, 05:05 PM
I've just logged in to see what it says online. I guess it will be similar to the paper form.

The first box is: number of attendance days. For March I worked 16 days, so that's what I put in there.

The next box is: Average number of children per session. I have between 2-4 children per session, so I put it as 3. When I first registered I put the number of sessions per week as 10.

Then: number of pints/litres. I look through my diary at how many children I had over the month, so how many 1/3pts I bought during the month. Divide it by 3 to get the number of pints.

Finally: total cost.. For that I put the total amount I paid for the milk.

I don't think it matters so much what your sessions are. I am down as doing 10 sessions a week and an average of 3 children per session, so it does look as if I could claim for 30 lots of milk per week. As it is, if I worked 5 days a week with 3 children a day, I would claim 15 amounts per week. The important bit is that my claim isn't above the maximum I could claim for.

I would guess you are down as doing 10 sessions a week? You need to put how many days you worked, then how many children per session (ie. 2). The real figures they're interested in are the number of pints you're claiming for & the actual amount you paid.

Thank you. I think that makes it clearer. I'll take another look. I should have said, I am doing the claim online.

Littleglees
07-04-2013, 05:15 PM
I filled my form in on line then signed the hard copy they sent me to now receive a letter saying that at the moment they are only supplying nursery's :-( x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Childminding Forum

Mouse
07-04-2013, 05:27 PM
I filled my form in on line then signed the hard copy they sent me to now receive a letter saying that at the moment they are only supplying nursery's :-( x

Is that Coolmilk you applied to? I've heard that they're not accepting childminders at the moment.

I buy in the milk myself, then claim the money back from NMRU each month.

Nursery Milk (http://www.nurserymilk.co.uk/index.html)

Littleglees
07-04-2013, 06:37 PM
Yes it is cool milk :-( x

Tazmin68
07-04-2013, 06:45 PM
I have always NMRU and find it really easy doing it online. I put 3 children and 10 sessions never been an issue. Because I buy 2 litre bottles of milk at £1.00 per bottle so works out at 50p per litre divide by 5 makes it 10p per child per day. I think that because cool milk claim so much more money from NMRU is the reason why there is a stop on them.