PDA

View Full Version : Special Guardianship - paperwork needed?

Mouse
06-04-2013, 04:35 PM
Can anyone tell me what paperwork I will need for a child who lives with their Special Guardian? I will have no contact at all with the parents and my contract will be with the guardian.
Do I need any information regarding the parents?

muffins
06-04-2013, 04:44 PM
You will need a copy of the legal arrangements on paper, I had one parent who had a residency order so I had a copy of that :thumbsup:

sarah707
06-04-2013, 04:47 PM
You will need the names of everyone who has PR for the child - that's a statutory requirement of the EYFS.

My contracts then ask 2 questions -

Who is authorised to collect the child? - guardian 1 and maybe guardian 2, emergency contact 1, emergency contact 2

Who is not authorised to collect the child? - many years ago I had a child whose mum could not collect him and dad asked me to adapt contracts so it was clearly stated that if mum turned up I had to ring the police if I couldn't reach him.

I am not sure what other paperwork you might need - it may be worth ringing your insurance company and asking if they have any advice...

hth :D

wellybelly
06-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Hello,

I had two looked after children in my care a few years ago. I had to get a photocopy of the special guardian ship order when I had two children who lived with this arrangement. I also had to get parental responsibility updated when things changed, e.g. when they were in the care of the LA (social worker had to complete it) then when guardianship was granted to whoever (they had to sign it).

With regards to the parents, its really important you know the situation exactly. If they are threatening to get the children, you need to know this and you need to risk assess this and have plans in place for what you will do, who you will call and any specific people you need to call eg certain police officers familiar with the case and the social worker assigned to the children. This never was a problem but t was necessary to risk assess.

If you need anything else, just ask xxx