PDA

View Full Version : End of year

Belly2009
06-04-2013, 10:54 AM
Hi,

Just wondered how people work out their income . I get paid in advance and should be 28th of the month but vouchers etc aren't arriving to the following month. Do you put down as the date received or the date due? Sorry a newbie here x

MrAnchovy
06-04-2013, 10:57 AM
You should record it in the year you do the work, so if you are billing for April it all goes into 2013/14 (assuming you run your accounts to 31 March).

Belly2009
06-04-2013, 11:01 AM
You should record it in the year you do the work, so if you are billing for April it all goes into 2013/14 (assuming you run your accounts to 31 March).

Great, that's what I was hoping. Mr Anchovy sorry to be a pain but I have one other question.....

RE Hours worked (what happens when you are on holiday and you receive half pay - do you out down as if you worked in relation to heating and electricity or do you leave it as if you havent worked those days?)

I am using a spreadsheet on here that some lovely person donated.

Thanks

MrAnchovy
06-04-2013, 03:07 PM
The best way is usually to add up all hours worked over the year and divide by 52. If you are talking about Happytoddlers' spreadsheet, she has amended it to work exactly that way.