PDA

View Full Version : ICP

LOOPYLISA
02-07-2008, 08:36 AM
Hi prob a silly question and i should know the awnser but can you do your icp course before you start to mind? Is it a good idea to do it first? x:blush:

sarah707
02-07-2008, 08:49 AM
The eyfs states that you should have done an introduction course within 6 months of registration and a first aid course before...

I think nearly all local authorities are ignoring that and ensuring minders do the course before they are registered :D

LOOPYLISA
02-07-2008, 08:51 AM
The eyfs states that you should have done an introduction course within 6 months of registration and a first aid course before...

I think nearly all local authorities are ignoring that and ensuring minders do the course before they are registered :D

Brilliant thankyou x:thumbsup:

caza
02-07-2008, 09:34 AM
I know on my ICP course yesterday she said that in our area you dont have to have done the ICP course before you register but apparantly in Nottinghamshire you do. So maybe it depends a bit on where you live?

MissTinkerbell
02-07-2008, 09:54 AM
It does depend on where you live - in Peterbourogh we have to do the ICP and First Aid courses within 6 months of being registered.

Annie_T
02-07-2008, 01:36 PM
i did mine last year and now in process of becoming a cm ... i know its all changing in sept.. every must hold a valid first aid cert and i think she said the icp course too but dont quote me on that part lol x