PDA

View Full Version : Planning For Schoolies

cbshoat
06-04-2013, 07:54 AM
Hi Quick qeustion
After Easter hols I have some schoolies coming morning and afternoons. At present I only have my own son throughout the day. What would you do with reagrds to planning activities and meals/snacks etc? Would you simply complete it for the whole day/week as normal or just draw up a short version which indicates what applies to the schoolies?

sarah707
06-04-2013, 08:09 AM
Our schoolies pretty much write their own planning - we give them ideas for activities they might enjoy and make sure we have plenty of resources for them.

We have involved them in their own planning for the last few years and they are really good at it now. :D

angeldelight
06-04-2013, 09:35 AM
I don't have school children now except in holidays

But we tended to very much go with the flow .....relax and eat .... Didn't do anything other than that before school ,books were out and jigsaws but most the time they were half asleep .....after school not here long enough to do much ..... Eat again ....some tv ...relax .....depends on the age of the child too ...older ones just want to be left alone I think
Younger ones more active

Go with the flow ...see how you are for time and don't beat yourself up if you have little time for doing much ...see what the children want

Have fun

Angel xxx

Helen Dempster
06-04-2013, 03:47 PM
as the others have said, go with the flow - they're usually quite good at telling you what they want :laughing: I have an after schoolie who likes to play on the computer, sand and diggers, cars (I've got a HUGE cardboard tube that he loves running them down), Nerf guns, garden play. We go to the park too (depending on the weather and his mood!) :-)

As for food, I know his favourites (spag bol is one of 'em) but we can't eat the every day as he would like! LOL. I tend to just ask him what he fancies or he'll look in the cupboard/freezer etc with me and we'll decide together.

Good luck!