PDA

View Full Version : Childcare.co.uk

McKenzie
05-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Hi all, just wondered whether anyone thinks it's worth paying for the gold membership of this website (childcare.co.uk)?
There are quite a few parents in my area looking for childcare but I can't message them unless I pay the £19.99 a month which seems an awful lot! Wondered how much success people have had using this site! Thank you!

sarah707
06-04-2013, 08:24 AM
I have had work from it... others have too... some haven't... but you can hardly blame the site if parents don't get back to you :laughing:

I don't think it's a huge amount of money if it gets me a new contract when I need one :D

Becci26
06-04-2013, 08:32 AM
Yes I have had work from it (paid the years subscription though as better value for money), to begin with I felt quite disheartened by it as no luck and lots of people don't get back to you. But I have had at least 3 parents from there in the last 18 months. You have to speculate to accumulate :-)

CLL
06-04-2013, 08:41 AM
I was unsure at first but I was not getting any calls from parents from other advertising. I have paid for 2 months now, I sent a message to parents within a 5 mile radius. Some thought I lived too far, others wanted care and then did not get back to me, some time wasters etc. But I have had a few potential parents and one who signed up last night. For me the cost was worth it as without it I would be no further forward. It seems like a lot of money at the time but they offer a great service and they need to be paid for it, there is nothing as good as it online and most parents check here when looking for care.

jo.jo76
06-04-2013, 09:03 AM
I've had work from there too, plus gold members also get access to some great resources

angeldelight
06-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Well I didn't realise how great it was till I moved house and had to start all over again

Admittingly I did pester parents on there with messages :laughing:

I'm full and all my work has come from here :clapping::clapping:

I have to say that for every parent that replies to me ...another 4 will not .....can't blame the site for that though ...just put it down to rude ignorant people .....so be patient and pester pester ha

The site comes highly recommended from me :clapping:

Angel xxx

Chatterbox Childcare
06-04-2013, 12:09 PM
Pay for a month and if you fill up cancel it. £20 is not a lot if you get work

McKenzie
06-04-2013, 12:26 PM
wow, thanks everyone that's great advice :) I will get organised and write a message /letter to those near me :)
Hx

sprinkles
07-04-2013, 08:50 PM
I think it's worth it if you have local parents looking for childcare. Unfortunately there's hardly any parents on there that are local to me, and the ones that are on it haven't logged in for months!

I'm really struggling with advertising at the moment. Doing loads but not getting any enquiries.

angeldelight
07-04-2013, 08:58 PM
I think it's worth it if you have local parents looking for childcare. Unfortunately there's hardly any parents on there that are local to me, and the ones that are on it haven't logged in for months!

I'm really struggling with advertising at the moment. Doing loads but not getting any enquiries.

That's a shame ...sometimes there is no parents in my area other times there are lots
I message everyone and anyone though ha ...I messaged one that was 4 miles from me but she ended up only up the road ..so it's worth messaging them all like I do

Good luck hope you get work soon

Angel xx

twinkletots
07-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Have you filled your ****** profile in?? ( you get it free if you are a PACEY member)

This works similar to Childcare.co.uk where parents search for childminders etc?? It's on the 'my benefits' section when you log in to PACEY

I do like Childcare.co.uk I have found it to be useful, as is my own website.

Hope this helps

McKenzie
08-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Thank you all!
I messaged everyone with requirements that I seemed to match even those 3/ 4 miles away and now have a new parent visiting on wednesday re a possible 2 days a week moving to full time :) :clapping:

Brilliant advice thanks x

ps I also emailed all those who had given their email addresses too as I found that not many parents were logging in, but that they do check their personal emails x

angeldelight
08-04-2013, 10:05 PM
Thank you all!
I messaged everyone with requirements that I seemed to match even those 3/ 4 miles away and now have a new parent visiting on wednesday re a possible 2 days a week moving to full time :) :clapping:

Brilliant advice thanks x

ps I also emailed all those who had given their email addresses too as I found that not many parents were logging in, but that they do check their personal emails x

That's brilliant news good luck let us know how it goes and in the meantime still keep contacting them ...always new parents every few days

Angel xx

Carolc
08-04-2013, 10:19 PM
I've registered on childcare.co.uk but I'm a bit lost with it to be honest. U can't even upload a profile picture to it. How do you find parents that are looking for childminders in your area? Xx

Rick
09-04-2013, 07:12 AM
I've registered on childcare.co.uk but I'm a bit lost with it to be honest. U can't even upload a profile picture to it. How do you find parents that are looking for childminders in your area? Xx

Yes you can upload a photo. I have one! Just make sure it only has you in the photo and no children. If you have filled in your profile with your postcode you can just click 'My Local Parents', or use the drop down menus to change to 'Parents Seeking Childcare' and enter your postcode. You can change the search options to show you parents who have logged on most recently or those who are closest to you etc.

You can have a free profile but to contact parents you have to pay or wait and see if a parent contacts you at which point you can reply for free.

Carolc
09-04-2013, 10:31 AM
How much do you have to pay for it? The picture was just me but its not on my profile don't know why? X

twinkletots
09-04-2013, 12:21 PM
My Childcare.co.uk subscription is £19.99 every three months, but I've been a member for a long time now x

CLL
09-04-2013, 01:00 PM
My Childcare.co.uk subscription is £19.99 every three months, but I've been a member for a long time now x

Ooh that's cheep, I pay £19.99 per month. Thinking of getting a Yearly membership.

Carolc
09-04-2013, 01:29 PM
Have you managed to got business from it? X

clareelizabeth1
09-04-2013, 02:57 PM
I've had all but one client from there.

Rick
09-04-2013, 03:50 PM
By the way, if you become a green member of this forum (by posting over 300 times) you can get a 50% discount on childcare.co.uk. What better reason could there be to get chatting on here! :D

adedwards68
09-04-2013, 03:55 PM
By the way, if you become a green member of this forum (by posting over 300 times) you can get a 50% discount on childcare.co.uk. What better reason could there be to get chatting on here! :D

Good reason to get posting!

Carolc
09-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Will give it some serious thought,I've still got about 400 leaflets to do through the door. But really needing more mindee's just now Xx

Carolc
09-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Well i did pay the fees and have contacted 6 parents in my area and one has contacted me already regarding a full time place :-D so fingers crossed Xx

McKenzie
09-04-2013, 10:16 PM
Yey that's great! Hope it goes well! I've just had a 2nd enquiry too :)

emma500
09-04-2013, 10:43 PM
I better get posting more on here to get my discount on childcare . I pay the 19.99 per month . I've only been minding since January I've got 2 mindys from there . Xx

angeldelight
09-04-2013, 10:43 PM
Yey that's great! Hope it goes well! I've just had a 2nd enquiry too :)

Now your showing off ha ha

Well done

Keep us posted

Angel xxx

Carolc
10-04-2013, 08:02 AM
Had someone view my profile this morning :-D i do need to fill in the information part though x

Rick
10-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Had someone view my profile this morning :-D i do need to fill in the information part though x

Fill in all the information although parents can only view the profile plus info (such as mobile number or email) if they have paid for the site. Also upload a photo as it will likely get you more interest and every now and then you will be the featured childminder at the top of the list!

Carolc
10-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Tried to do the information but its not showing up on my profile, had to email them about picture as it wasn't showing up, but that's sorted now. Have emailed them about info but no reply!! Getting a bit annoyed with them x

Rick
10-04-2013, 04:33 PM
Tried to do the information but its not showing up on my profile, had to email them about picture as it wasn't showing up, but that's sorted now. Have emailed them about info but no reply!! Getting a bit annoyed with them x

'Tis strange, I've never had a problem :D

Carolc
10-04-2013, 04:37 PM
I even upgraded thinking that might be part of the problem but still nothing. Its a pain how they have to check every single change you make and while they are doing that no one can view your profile x

Rick
10-04-2013, 04:58 PM
I even upgraded thinking that might be part of the problem but still nothing. Its a pain how they have to check every single change you make and while they are doing that no one can view your profile x

Unfortunately they have to check what you've written or you could have a free account and add contact details in the free profile! It's normally only about 2 or 3 hours until your profile is back online

McKenzie
10-04-2013, 08:39 PM
on a buzz from my parent visit this evening :) couldn't do without this forum at the moment thanks all!