PDA

View Full Version : Variation help needed

halor
05-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Hi All,

I currently care for a 2year old 4 mornings a week and I also have a 3yo of my own and a 5yo. My initial understanding was that this left me 1 further space for an under 5. I was approached by a mum wanting care for her 2 children, both under 4, who she wants care for 2 days a week. At least one of these days would coincide with the 2yo lo I already look after.

A childminder friend said she thought this would be OK under the new variations guidelines but after reading everything I have no idea whether I can or can't. Ofsted said,when I phoned them, that we as childminders have to make the decision based on what we can show that we can responsibly care and provide for (IYKWIM)

When the children are with me my daughter will be at preschool some of the time.

Arghhhh, I don't know whats right and wrong, can someone help please

Essbops
05-04-2013, 08:57 PM
When I spoke to mrs o couple weeks ago I asked similar as I have 8 month old and 5 and 7 yo at school enquiry was for 11 month old and she said no as it's new business all so I can only mind 3 as even though 2 are at school they still count in my numbers! Confused much x

cathtee
05-04-2013, 09:08 PM
The eyfs says that you can have 6 under 8 of these 8 only 3 can be under 5. But if you have a 4 year old in full time school they are
classed as over 5.

Sorry Halor you only have a space for 1 under 5.