PDA

View Full Version : Parents looking round

Essbops
05-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Ekkkk ok so tomorrow I have my first preschooler parents looking round, I know I'm not perfect and I'm still really learning but how do you make a great first impression?
I really need them to like my setting but I always think im not good enough or not enough toys or that people will not like my dog :-/
If I'm not careful I will get so nervous and blow it anyway. Need to calm down lol x

serin
05-04-2013, 08:37 PM
Ekkkk ok so tomorrow I have my first preschooler parents looking round, I know I'm not perfect and I'm still really learning but how do you make a great first impression?
I really need them to like my setting but I always think im not good enough or not enough toys or that people will not like my dog :-/
If I'm not careful I will get so nervous and blow it anyway. Need to calm down lol x

I usually try to get toys out for that age group that I recon they will be interested in. I think with the dog they will either be ok with it or not. I'd say make sure your fee's are clear in your head so if you get nervous you dont have to think and panic on the spot. Dont worry you will be fine. Just be yourself.

muddybootskids
05-04-2013, 09:51 PM
OMG you sound like me this week!!! Lol
Even the dog!
The parents will come in and get a vibe right away regarding you so just be yourself! Put some paper and drawing materials out, books etc nothing that will interfere with you and parents talking, and include the child. You know what to do your just letting nerves take over. Kick them to the side and you will be great!!!
Good luck Stacey xxx

angeldelight
06-04-2013, 12:23 AM

You will fine

Relax and be yourself

Good luck hope you get it

Angel xx

Essbops
06-04-2013, 06:19 AM
Thanks guys for the tips on toys and activities put out. Guess they will either like or not worst case at least I finally have some interest!

CLL
06-04-2013, 06:26 AM
Just make a mental list of all the positive things you can offer the child. You know you can provide what they need! Think positive and sell yourself, oh and good luck :)

Daisy De
06-04-2013, 06:37 AM
Just be yourself, I think parents know almost instantly whether you are right for them, its a gut feeling.

As for your dog, I assume they know you have one so if they were against dogs/animals they wouldn't be coming in the first place. I have two dogs, I make sure I mention them in all my advertising and always the first thing on the phone. I always introduce the dogs individually on a lead so they don't get too excited and give the wrong impression.

Good luck.

oxfordshirecm
06-04-2013, 07:06 AM
After 16 months of being a childminder I still get nervous. I have learnt to be myself as the parent would of pretty much decided as they come through the door.

samb
06-04-2013, 10:35 AM
I think it is always nerve wracking when you meet new parents especially when you really need/want the work. I always start by saying that I will tell them a bit about me and what I can offer and then say they can ask questions as I speak or after. Then I show them examples of learning journeys etc and let them have a nose at any paperwork whilst I play with the children. Like other I put out things I think that age child might like - not too noisy ones! But I do try and make sure I have something out that might be different to what they might have at home so they have something different to remember when they have left. I always give a "prospcetus" which has photos in as well as I think it will help a visual learner to remember who I was if they are visiting lots. I am exhausted after a parent visit! I work hard - yes I am myself but I work hard to show off what I am like in a short space of time ifyou see what I mean?

angeldelight
06-04-2013, 10:36 AM
Let us know how it goes

Angel xx

Essbops
06-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Hi all thanks for all the the comments
Well they came
They went
They start Tuesday
*dancing the jig*
My first full time mindee now I'm scared lol xx

CLL
06-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Congratulations

Nicola Carlyle
06-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Well done you. Congratulations. It's exciting isn't it? x

muddybootskids
06-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Oh so happy for you see u had nothing to worry about!!! Believe in urself and u will come out on top! X

smurfette
06-04-2013, 04:07 PM
Fab news well done!!

safcfluff
06-04-2013, 06:02 PM
That's great news! Let the fun begin.

oxfordshirecm
06-04-2013, 06:06 PM
Woo hoo well done

blue bear
06-04-2013, 06:34 PM
That's fabulous news :clapping:

Carolc
06-04-2013, 07:06 PM
Aww well done you, thats great news Xx

shortstuff
06-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Well done, hopefully it will give you more confidence for the next set of parents to visit. I just hope it wont be too long for you. Great news.:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: