PDA

View Full Version : I wish people would make up their minds!!!!

cbshoat
05-04-2013, 03:28 PM
I am still relatively new and business is slow but I am getting frustrated at the relentless dead ends. Why do so many people enquire for childcare and then never get back to you??? Rant over sorry

hectors house
05-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Are they just ringing up and asking for availability or actually coming to visit you?

Could you maybe be a bit more pushy and say that someone else is coming to see you next week and hope they will make their mind up quicker - sometimes if they come to see me I follow it up with a text (I always get a contact number in case I have to change appointment) saying "thank you for visiting, lovely to meet you and X, if you think of any other questions please let me know".

Then after a few days if I haven't heard anything I may text again asking if they have found alternative childcare as I have had another enquiry but was holding space for them.

Essbops
06-04-2013, 06:30 AM
Yes i see where your coming from out of 10 calls I've had 3 people trying to sell me stuff 4 childminders trying to be noses and out of the others I have 1 looking round :-/

cbshoat
06-04-2013, 07:48 AM
Its just so frustrating. I've had endless people tell me their requirements and ask for brochures then ignore follow up emails and often do not even open them and read them! I've had some people who spend weeks telling you their interested and are all set for booking a visit only to pull out last minute! I'm just really struggling to get people through the door at the moment. Thinking of putting up a few posters in surrounding area today and building a website to encourage the ball to roll!!!