PDA

View Full Version : isnt it typical!

Memina
05-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Im 30 weeks pregnant and had thought all along I would carryon working with all the children I have plus the new baby. This in theory meant I would be working 2 afternoons a week with 6 under 5s and most days with 4 or 5.

Suddenly I feel really tired and the realisation that 6 children including a newborb is too much and hubby and I have decided thay he will increase his hours and I will cut back a bit. I have two going into nursery and one preschool so it would mainly be afternoons id be busy until 2.30 when 2 siblings go home.

Anyway after thinking long and hard about my decision as it feels like im abandoning my own babies as theyve all been with me since babies. Im taking June, july and August off with a view to return in September.

So today ive had 3 enquiries, one set of parents popped in today (I thought to give notice and have asked me to have thier baby when I have the space.

And to top it off my other parents are looking for temp childcare with a view to coming back in Sept.

I think I'll be busier in September - need to get an assistant me thinks

hectors house
05-04-2013, 02:14 PM
When I had my third child I was childminding 2 teachers children, my daughter was born just before summer hols (I timed her well), I had whole of summer hols off (apart from ferrying around my 10 & 7 year old to various holiday clubs and activities) and started back in the Sept - it worked really well but sounds like you will have your work really cut out with 4,5 or 6 under five - it's good to have the work but make sure you aren't too busy to enjoy your new baby too - an assistant could be the answer even if just for a few sessions a week.

Rick
05-04-2013, 06:01 PM
You have one the right thing. You wouldn't be doing anyone any favours by being up all night with a newborn and being run off your feet with a house full.
Good luck.....My DW and I have a LO due by the end of April.....eeeek! :thumbsup:

Essbops
06-04-2013, 06:28 AM
Wow you must have a good name sounds like your beating them off with a stick haha