PDA

View Full Version : Not a good start to the day...

step11
05-04-2013, 08:25 AM
Morning all, woke up this morning to an ice cold house! No hot water no heating! Iv had to ring my parent as I can not take mindee till I have heating. Managed to get it up and running but gas company can't come out till tomorrow so fingers crossed it doesn't go again. Just informed my parent they can now bring mindee in but warned if it goes again they would have to collect.

What does everyone else so when this happens?

mama2three
05-04-2013, 08:27 AM
We went out! My boiler wouldnt fire and it was blinking cold! We went to soft play and out to the park , basically spent as little time at home as possible. I had let parents know to put on extra layers

angeldelight
05-04-2013, 08:30 AM
Oooh it's freezing today too

Glad you have it working again

I would do the same as you did or try and heat another room with heating and then give parents the option if they want to bring them or not

This happened to a friend not long ago and every parent still wanted the childminder to work although she had no other form of heating ..she told them her house was freezing but they did not care ....just goes to show

Hope it stays on for you today

Angel xx

sarah707
05-04-2013, 08:30 AM
I have electric fires because my last boiler was a bit dodgy.

I have a nice new boiler now - it was expensive but so far it works! :clapping:

I hope you are sorted soon xx

angeldelight
05-04-2013, 08:31 AM
We went out! My boiler wouldnt fire and it was blinking cold! We went to soft play and out to the park , basically spent as little time at home as possible. I had let parents know to put on extra layers

Yes good idea ....don't think I would want to be in doors myself if our heating went ..it was cold enough this morning waiting for it to come on

Angel xx

step11
05-04-2013, 08:31 AM

My problem is that everything is shut for Easter so no where to go. And I also got a text from children's centre to say stay and play was cancelled due to staff sickness so that my option out of the way. It's going to be a long day.

step11
05-04-2013, 08:38 AM
Oooh it's freezing today too

Glad you have it working again

I would do the same as you did or try and heat another room with heating and then give parents the option if they want to bring them or not

This happened to a friend not long ago and every parent still wanted the childminder to work although she had no other form of heating ..she told them her house was freezing but they did not care ....just goes to show

Hope it stays on for you today

Angel xx

Parents did say oh can't you have him, I was like no its too cold. I have those old sash windows so its freezing. I wouldn't want my son going to childminder or nursery if heating wasn't working. Especially as they are both ill now. It surprised me when dad said oh but you can still take him considering they are so fussy.

Tried to call mum but no answer. Text her no reply. Will just have to wait around.

step11
05-04-2013, 08:41 AM
Mum just text to say she will bring him in for lunch.
Would you not charge for all the hours 8-12 or just from 8- till when you text them?

clareelizabeth1
05-04-2013, 08:45 AM
I would just charge while I had them as a good will gesture. Hope it gets sorted soon

FussyElmo
05-04-2013, 08:47 AM
I would just charge for the hours used too :thumbsup:

angeldelight
05-04-2013, 08:48 AM
I would have whatever she paid me :laughing:

I think I would just charge for the hours I've got him

Angel xx

step11
05-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Thanks for advice, feel bad as it is lol. They are understanding so will charge for time I have him. So far do good heating still working

Unfortunately my parentner has used this as an excess not to go work this morning. So is still in bed! Lucky for some. Left me to do all the work. Being a mummy and working is a hard job, I never seem to have me time. #sigh#

angeldelight
05-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Thanks for advice, feel bad as it is lol. They are understanding so will charge for time I have him. So far do good heating still working

Unfortunately my parentner has used this as an excess not to go work this morning. So is still in bed! Lucky for some. Left me to do all the work. Being a mummy and working is a hard job, I never seem to have me time. #sigh#

That's what I love about the men ...the way they can do anything they please :laughing:

Imagine if you had stayed in bed ha

Angel xx

step11
05-04-2013, 09:19 AM
That's what I love about the men ...the way they can do anything they please :laughing:

Imagine if you had stayed in bed ha

Angel xx

Me stay in bed! I wish someone has to attend to 18month old.

Men really don't know how hard we work. We actually have two jobs. Bring a mum and a childminder. I mean I'm lucky I can have my son with me whilst I work but I also need me time, he also needs to be away from me for his development. Me and my son are glued together haha. I don't leave him with anyone part from. My mum or my partners mum. It's been that way since he was born. But as he gets older he is getting frustrated seeing me 24/7 so makes my job harder by playing up. Love him to bits though

ChocolateChip
05-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Oh dear, hope you get it fixed soon hun.
Why don't you all go back to bed, lol, or have a duvet day in front of the telly ;)

step11
05-04-2013, 09:31 AM
Oh dear, hope you get it fixed soon hun.
Why don't you all go back to bed, lol, or have a duvet day in front of the telly ;)

I wish my son will not lay in bed. He's way too active haha. Just waiting for mindee to arrive in an hour or so.

FussyElmo
05-04-2013, 09:37 AM

Hes stayed in bed because you have let him. I would be taking him a coffee and telling him he had 10 minutes to get downstairs :D

step11
05-04-2013, 09:41 AM
Hes stayed in bed because you have let him. I would be taking him a coffee and telling him he had 10 minutes to get downstairs :D

Wish it was that easy, he's not a morning person neither am I. It's complicated, he's that sort of person that says well this ain't my job it's yours bla bla bla. I will just get grief if I'm honest. It's the same on weekends. He's a stubborn man

FussyElmo
05-04-2013, 09:45 AM
Wish it was that easy, he's not a morning person neither am I. It's complicated, he's that sort of person that says well this ain't my job it's yours bla bla bla. I will just get grief if I'm honest. It's the same on weekends. He's a stubborn man

Ok be crafty then isn't today you need to strip the beds to wash them.

My dh is not a morning person but we made a compromise if I need him if he gets up if not then he is more than welcome to stay in bed. Also I find leaving the living room door open and allowing the dogs to find their way upstairs a great motivator too :D

step11
05-04-2013, 09:51 AM
Ok be crafty then isn't today you need to strip the beds to wash them.

My dh is not a morning person but we made a compromise if I need him if he gets up if not then he is more than welcome to stay in bed. Also I find leaving the living room door open and allowing the dogs to find their way upstairs a great motivator too :D

Haha love it.

Tazmin68
05-04-2013, 09:51 AM
I've got a problem boiler too. Has been losing pressure for about 6 months now. Engineer said that there must be a leak somewhere but until we find it cannot o anything. Found a drip on the boiler itself washers were changed ok for a few days thn lots of leak from boiler again and was told needed new automatic air valve another £65 on top of the £40 already paid. Still losing pressure and now found another tiny leak but have to keep topping up every other day. I am getting really fed up now. Boiler is about 6 years old.
Deb

step11
05-04-2013, 09:54 AM
I've got a problem boiler too. Has been losing pressure for about 6 months now. Engineer said that there must be a leak somewhere but until we find it cannot o anything. Found a drip on the boiler itself washers were changed ok for a few days thn lots of leak from boiler again and was told needed new automatic air valve another £65 on top of the £40 already paid. Still losing pressure and now found another tiny leak but have to keep topping up every other day. I am getting really fed up now. Boiler is about 6 years old.
Deb

Oh no! New boiler it is. That's what mine has been doing the pressure goes down I have to put my thermostat over 25 degrees for it to work. Last month my gas bill was £550 for 3 months! #cover eyes#

Tazmin68
05-04-2013, 11:27 AM
I have been told that replacing the boiler is pointless as I obviously have a leak somewhere. I have checked all the radiators no luck there. My problem is if the leak is under floor I wouldn't know about it. I just keep topping up by turning the valve and ok for another couple of days so I do that rather than having heating on all day.

step11
05-04-2013, 12:10 PM
I have been told that replacing the boiler is pointless as I obviously have a leak somewhere. I have checked all the radiators no luck there. My problem is if the leak is under floor I wouldn't know about it. I just keep topping up by turning the valve and ok for another couple of days so I do that rather than having heating on all day.

Oh no. Well if it works then why not. Hopefully it doesn't get worse.

AliceK
05-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Our heating and hot water packed up a few weeks ago. I have 3 electric heaters and an ex mum who lives close by lent me another 2. I warned all parents to send their children in with layers but I managed to keep the main parts of the house warm. Apart from RA where I placed the heaters and the cost in running them it wasn't a problem. The worst part for me was getting out of the shower in a morning into a freezing cold bathroom bbrrrrrrrr :panic:

xxxxx