PDA

View Full Version : i need your comments

WibbleWobble
04-04-2013, 09:33 PM
i am in conversation on Mumsnet where a childminder is saying we should have no smoking signs in the house.

i disagree....

i dont have "dont step in dog doo and walk it into my house" signs either

its my home....i dont expect mindees homes to have signs up.

i think sometimes we lose the plot....

i know i will get flamed for this.....

wibble wearing her hard hat

x

Paulab
04-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Really, !!!!

It's our homes , I have never had anyone come into my house & smoke, who does she think we have in our homes !!!

Everyone who comes into my house respects that this is my home & business & would never entertain it

Stupid women !!!

lubeam
04-04-2013, 09:39 PM
I agree with you disagreeing , I have a no smoking policy and if parents have signed the slip to say they've read the polices there's no need for signs !
I lilt your don't step in dog poo and come in my house sign idea :) lol

WibbleWobble
04-04-2013, 09:43 PM
http://www.smokefreeengland.co.uk/files/everything_u_need_new_sf_law.pdf

page 11 of the pdf

chriss
04-04-2013, 09:55 PM
I dont smoke, but putting up a sign is going too far. But if I did smoke, its my house and I can smoke like a chimney outside my working hours.

Wonder if parents would like a "pay on time" sign :rolleyes:

FizzWizz
04-04-2013, 09:57 PM
When I had my Pre reg visit from Ofsted I had done a no smoking policy and the inspector said immediately that I needn't have bothered as smoking in a business premises is against the law anyway- I guess the same applies for no smoking signs negating the need to have them?!

Mouse
04-04-2013, 10:34 PM
I have a "this is a no smoking zone" sticker on the inside of my parent info folder. It's only there because I got it free when I went to a meeting and thought I might as well stick it somewhere! I wouldn't go out of my way to put up a no smoking sign.

angeldelight
04-04-2013, 10:36 PM
Why does she think we should have a sign up?

Angel xx

clareelizabeth1
05-04-2013, 03:31 AM
Just think if we put a sign up for every thing we would have no more wall space to display the children's art work.

CLL
05-04-2013, 06:11 AM
My husband asked me if I needed to put up a sign when I first registered. I just said no, we don't know anyone that smokes! If a parent turned up to the door smoking I would just ask them to put it out. Common sense really.

blue bear
05-04-2013, 06:42 AM
I seem to remember from when the no smoking law came in, premises or part of (so rooms in our case) which are used only for the business use have to have signs up and can never be smoked in ever (so even when not working) but mr A tells us for tax purposes we should never declare any of our rooms childminding only areas (can't remember why) so the no smoking signs would not apply to us in a legal sense.

In a normal everyday human being sense, why on earth would we want no smoking signs up it would only draw the children's attention to smoking in the first place and parents choose childminding because it's a nice homely atmosphere not a mini nursery.