PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts please!

jelly jiggles
04-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Never really had to work with pre school before. Mum had a home visit from pre school that lo is starting next wk. I did a review and gave her Lj and scrap book. She has had it 1 wk so today I asked for it back. She said pre school took it to make notes. I am quite angry as that means parents have not looked at what I've done with/for lo and pre school have not got in contact with me to speak to me. What are your thoughts on this??

sarah707
04-04-2013, 09:15 PM
Do you have written permission from parent to liaise with pre school? If you do I suggest you ring them and discuss info sharing.

I hope it sorts out for you :D

jelly jiggles
04-04-2013, 09:31 PM
I typed up my own permission form for 3 way sharing so place for all 3 of us to sign and date. I gave Mum 2 copies one for pre school 1 for me. I asked mum to get them to sign and return to me. I never expected them to take Lj, I thought they would look through and discuss with mum and contact me for any more info they needed . I wrote down my email address and tel number. I told mum to bring Lj back tomorrow afternoon after lo has finished his settling in session. Is it weird they took it??

3 little ducks
05-04-2013, 07:48 PM
I've worked in a pre school and we used to ask to see the ljs from cm's, and then would also ask the parents to share pre school lj with cm. We didnt keep the books long a couple of days max. i always liked seeing the books from other settings, was nice to see the things they did, compare nx steps etc xx

funemnx
05-04-2013, 08:14 PM
When I take the LJ's in (each term) they usually keep them a week or so - I drop them off on a Monday for example and will get it back sometime the following week when I drop off again :thumbsup:

jelly jiggles
06-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Do they then share their info?? Lo is with me 32 hours and 15 with pre school from next wk. I now have it back but they want to see it again. I think I will keep it and wait for them to get in touch. 2 n 1/2 years of hard work I'd like to keep it safe. Also as mum gave it straight to pre school she has not commented on his progress summary. 'Big sigh'

blue bear
06-04-2013, 03:03 PM
I like the pre schools that ask to see the lj's they are usually the ones who are happy to work with me, at one I take mine in every six weeks and we swap, (I bring theirs home, they keep mine) we swap them back a week later. In addition we each give each other our news letters and copies of any significant observations so we can deliver next steps where ever child is next if you see what I mean.

For parents that don't writ win the comments, I ask them their thoughts and write them down for them.