PDA

View Full Version : Can you do "favours"?

sprinkles
04-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Had a thought before and would love to know the answer. If you mind for a friend or family member, can you still do them a favour like have their child overnight at the weekend?

3 little ducks
04-04-2013, 07:50 PM
i childmind for both my neighbours/friends, will do odd hours like cover for parents eve, things like that as a favour as they tend to do that sort of favour for me too. Wouldnt do overnight, but then dont do that as paid either. Sorry not really been much help. Would you have their child to stay if you were not their childminder, ie are your children friends with them? xx

sprinkles
04-04-2013, 07:54 PM
I don't have children but I just meant say I mind my nephew, does that mean I can't have him overnight at the weekend?

FussyElmo
04-04-2013, 07:55 PM
Oh course you can if thats what uou want.

I have had my mindee for a sleep over and my children will go to mindees for a sleepover.

I wish my brother lived closer and wanted childcare whereas I would charge him I would expect my niece to stay over :-)

sprinkles
04-04-2013, 07:56 PM
Oh course you can if thats what uou want.

I have had my mindee for a sleep over and my children will go to mindees for a sleepover.

I wish my brother lived closer and wanted childcare whereas I would charge him I would expect my niece to stay over :-)

Great, I just wondered if a mindee was allowed to stay over on a weekend but obviously not get paid for it :)

FussyElmo
04-04-2013, 08:07 PM
Yes I just wrote the normal leaving time and after that she was here as a guest in fact they are planning another one soon

sprinkles
04-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Yes I just wrote the normal leaving time and after that she was here as a guest in fact they are planning another one soon

Fab, thanks :) really wasn't sure of the rules regarding having them here as guests.

blue bear
04-04-2013, 08:29 PM
I was once told by an inspector what you do in your own time is upto you (as long as not illegal)

Jenna
04-04-2013, 09:21 PM
I mind my next door neighbours lo we were both pregnant together and our boys are great friends when her dad recently passed away she asked would I mind having him over night the night of the funeral so she didn't have to worry about him which I did. I didn't do it as her childminder I did it as her neighbour and friend and never charged her he was as good as gold and slept better than our son. I'd always hope that if we were in the same situation she'd have our son for us.