PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for tech toys

kel1983
04-04-2013, 06:19 PM
Looking to build up resources and looking to buy remote controlled toy, walkie talkies and would love one of those robots you program.

Any recommendations

blue bear
04-04-2013, 07:47 PM
We are getting the tts mobile phones. We have the rechargeable torches from tts, great as no batteries.
We have a big trak but mine aren't keen it's too noisy, think I would have been better getting a b-bot. The iPod and iPad are big favourites right from the 11month old to the 13 year old.

shortstuff
04-04-2013, 07:58 PM
we have a dog, i believe its a teksta? it comes with a remote control which gives the dog a bath and other stuff. He also comes with a bone for feeding and a ball for playing. The LOs love it as when you pat him on the head or tickle him under the chin he (doggy) talks to you. He walks around avoiding anything in front of him. Also i love challenging the LOs to see if they can stay still and quiet long enough for him to go to sleep lol. I know its cruel but so funny :D

watgem
05-04-2013, 06:28 AM
We have the vtech kiddyzoom which all ages of children love, its very sturdy too and is in constant use so worth every penny, also we borrowed a beebot and this is well loved too

shortstuff
05-04-2013, 07:58 AM
Just remembered some other bits while staning watching the LOs playing lol.

A vtech phonics toy, looks like a giant blackberry but in their usual white and green colours.

Also an old leap pad self reader thingy. Where you put a matching cartridge and book in and use the oen to read either individual words or the paragraphs.