PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted Registration- Which Register?

TraFerd
04-04-2013, 03:59 PM
Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can help with a bit of a daft question. I'm a bit confused about the two child care registers, am I right in thinking that the CYPOP5 course only qualifies me to care for children under 5? Would I have to complete the rest of the diploma in order to care for older children?

Thank you in advance x

sarah707
04-04-2013, 05:19 PM
You will be automatically registered on both the early years (eyfs) and childcare registers unless you opt out.

For the Childcare Registers you need to be qualified to level 2 or in the Common Core.

This document explains what the common core is all about -

http://www.childrenmattereast.org.uk/cms/uploads/MEDIA/DOCUMENTS/Common-Core.pdf

Hth :D

TraFerd
04-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Brilliant thank you! So my education goes up to A-level but apart from the CYPOP5 course I'm currently doing, nothing is directly linked to child care - would they still be counted or not?

Sorry if I sound silly, I've just done so much reading and it's the only but that's really confused me!

adedwards68
04-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Once you complete the course you can register on both

adedwards68
04-04-2013, 08:58 PM
When I say complete the course that's the Short 8 week course, then you are giving a certificate of attendance, which is what ofsted require and as said before register on both and then you can care from 0 upwards

TraFerd
05-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Brilliant thank you for your help.