PDA

View Full Version : Easter holidays moan!

step11
04-04-2013, 03:58 PM
Does any one else hate the fact that everything is shut during the holidays and anything you do find is full. It's so frustrating as my lot get bored. 18month old and 1 yr old. To top it off this weather doesn't help at all.

funemnx
04-04-2013, 04:09 PM
The bone chilling cold hasn't made it better I must admit - I've just been putting 6 layers on everyone and going out to play anyway! We are planning on soft play tomorrow however, which they will enjoy and it'll be warm BUT it's bound to be very busy and it's expensive.....

Tealady
04-04-2013, 04:48 PM
This always used to annoy me. However our Children's Centre offer Subsidised MAD Academy sessions and they do run in the Hols. We went yesterday and there were 6 children between 3 carers and one was a babe in arms so didn't really count, so I can see why they shut.

ChocolateChip
04-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Know what you mean, I pride myself on getting out and about a lot in the hols, I usually struggle a bit with the Feb half term but this is ridiculous, it is soooo cold. Have a baby and a 2yr old tomorrow and it's just started snowing here so probably won't get out again :(

RuthJ
04-04-2013, 05:11 PM
Yes, we have the same problem wt the cold, but also that the snow still hasn't cleared so the back garden is totally inaccessible. The local country parks have still got snow and ice on the paths so we have really been stuck and it's very depressing for this time of year :(

Ours are back to school next week and I can't wait to get back to normal!

step11
04-04-2013, 09:14 PM
Nothing goes back to normal till week after next. Glad I don't have my after school child during holidays. Our children's centres are popular so very busy. Today we ended up staying in as baby slept through morning a d most sessions are in the morning. Just want normality back