PDA

View Full Version : Longest Notice for Ofsted Inspection and interesting snippet of info

Tealady
04-04-2013, 09:31 AM
Back at the beginning of March I had "The Call". Mrs O wanted to book in for 3 weeks time but my only LO was on holiday at the that point. So in the end I ended up with one months notice with a set day and time!

Anyway today the phone went, and it was Mrs O again. She was cancelling due to being called in for a five day Nursery investigation so she is now coming in 2.5 weeks! I have no excuse not to be ready do I.... :laughing::laughing::laughing: (however I just want it over now)

Anyway she was saying if she's cancelled once she endeavours not to cancel again, but they are having a surge on complaints being made against large nurseries. She feels that parents are panicking about all the proposed changes and are lodging their concerns now to try and show the powers that be that the changes are worrying parents and are not good for their children. I suppose if they can't cope with the ratios they have now how will they cope with more children!!

Optimalstar
04-04-2013, 11:06 AM
I had a call back in January but as I had a baby that had just started she said she'd let me get her settled first. I only have early years children in term time so she said she'd get back to me. Still waiting.

AliceK
04-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Good Luck for when she does come.
I had mine a couple of weeks ago and I too had a long time to get ready and had a date and time given too. It did get to the stage in the end though that I just wanted it done, I'd got myself ready and didn't feel I could do anymore so just wanted it over with :thumbsup:

xxxx

Donkey
04-04-2013, 05:08 PM
We had the call beg feb, booked in for March which she cancelled as she too had a compliance inspection. We finally got inspected last week