PDA

View Full Version : Are u ever totally out of cm mode???

mrs robbie williams
03-04-2013, 07:54 PM
Currently on hols jn Norfolk and already bought a solar powered flower as mindee will love it as it dances!!!!

Becci26
03-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Doubt it!

I don't have any under 5's currently and won't do until I return from maternity leave in January, have got 2 weeks off from all other children yet I still come on here every 5 minutes, see things in the shops my mindees would just love (even the under 5's who are no longer here!) and thinking if activity ideas...!!

I wonder how long it will take me to switch off....

Mrs Scrubbit
03-04-2013, 08:05 PM
Nope I'm on hols at the mo and have spent everyday doing some cm relate 'chore'. x

twise
03-04-2013, 08:52 PM
Never...it is a lifestyle not a job:)

tracy

Jenna
03-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Same here last year on our hols they had a fab pound shop I bought loads OH goes crazy mind as I'm always thinking of what things can be used for and new activities.

cathtee
04-04-2013, 07:42 PM
I switch off on holiday from the time I check in til the time the coach picks us up from the hotel as I go to adult only hotels and unless
I go out of the hotel (which I don't very often as I go to relax not sightsee).

My own children are both in their 20's so have done the family theme holidays and never switched off when away so make the most
of it now they don't come with us

nikki thomson
04-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Yes, I don't do any cm related stuff out of cm hrs, I don't even think about it, it's a job just like any other.

loocyloo
04-04-2013, 08:06 PM
I'm always thinking about something related to childminding be it a resource I see, or I have an idea for an activity or a particular mindee. I usually have several things I want to do...such a sewing new sleep mat covers, creating story sacs etc.
And currently i'm writing letters & talking agencies to people!

I do switch off ; I sing, dance & read, go for walks, all sorts of things, but work is always there somewhere!

Edited to say...I generally switch off on holiday...but going to be hard in disney next week!

FussyElmo
04-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Yes, I don't do any cm related stuff out of cm hrs, I don't even think about it, it's a job just like any other.

Im glad im not the only one - I even went to hobbycraft and brought nothing for minding just stuff for me all me :-D

greanan
04-04-2013, 10:47 PM
I really wish I could switch off. I when 13 hour days and I'm friends with a few of the mums so tend to meet up for a catch up even when not working. It's totally taken over!!!