PDA

View Full Version : Giving notice tonight.......

BuggsieMoo
03-04-2013, 02:37 PM
......to all my families

Hubby is in the forces and has been offered a Sub Unit Command post nearly 200 miles away - eek!! Today the powers to be have confirmed he needs to be there for 1st September so that means we are on the move again (only moved to where we are now end of July last year!).

Therefore ive drafted a seperate personal letter to all my families advising them that I will be working until the 19th July and stating why I am terminating contracts.

Dreading the door going now as I hate having to give notice and I get on so well with all my families that I am really going to miss them all - particularly the babies who have gone from being tiny to toddlers walking, talking and becoming individuals.

Little sad at the moment but looking forward to a new start.

Bugs xx

clareelizabeth1
03-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Oh it's so sad to give notice they all become family so quickly. Exciting moving though must be nice to start again.

Mouse
03-04-2013, 02:45 PM
That sounds really hard for you. I hope it all goes well x

hectors house
03-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Good luck with giving notice - you have to put your family first sometimes and 200 miles is rather a long way for your hubby to commute each day! Will you start up again when you get sorted in your new house?

Ballette
03-04-2013, 03:48 PM
That's hard having to give notice to all your families. I always feel there's no point in doing this job if you don't get attached to the children so must be hard to leave them all behind. And, having to start all over again :panic:

Good luck with it all :thumbsup:

BuggsieMoo
03-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Good luck with giving notice - you have to put your family first sometimes and 200 miles is rather a long way for your hubby to commute each day! Will you start up again when you get sorted in your new house?

Hi yes. I plan to start up again - already had some interest which means I can breathe a sigh of relief. Even if they do not sign with me, there are people looking. Its such a rural location I did panic. However we suffered a MC in March and we will be trying again so if I fall pregnant before we move then I shall not look to resume work until after the baby is born. Just wait and see for now.

Parents told - really great about it. Feel so much better having told them.

Wine oclock it is tonight then!

blue bear
03-04-2013, 03:50 PM
Good luck, I suppose that's the draw back (or sometimes a good thing) with being I the forces. Hope the parents all are understanding.

BuggsieMoo
03-04-2013, 03:51 PM
That's hard having to give notice to all your families. I always feel there's no point in doing this job if you don't get attached to the children so must be hard to leave them all behind. And, having to start all over again :panic:

Good luck with it all :thumbsup:

This is the 4th time im having to do it. We've ended up moving nearly yearly since ive been reregistered due to my husbands job. However seems he is the main breadwinner and the house comes with the job etc then not a lot I can do about it. x

KatieFS
03-04-2013, 04:23 PM
Good luck to you!! Lots of changes ahead!! Yes will be sad but new chapter in your life (sounds like an adventure with all the moving your doing!)
Keep us posted. X x x

sarah707
03-04-2013, 05:45 PM
What an exciting time for you! I am so pleased it went well with the families :clapping:

BuggsieMoo
03-04-2013, 06:00 PM
So pleased it went so well and I now know I am moving in 16 weeks - scary!

Rick
03-04-2013, 06:25 PM
You shouldn't feel too bad about giving notice, parents will understand, plus you're not giving notice because of something that hasn't worked between you and the parents/children. Good luck :thumbsup:

FussyElmo
03-04-2013, 06:28 PM
How exciting!

Im glad your parents were good about.:thumbsup:

safcfluff
03-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Pleased parents were understanding. Makes it much easier.:)

greanan
03-04-2013, 10:07 PM
Pleased all the parents took it well

Houlgated
03-04-2013, 10:17 PM
Glad it went well, it must be really hard thing to do if you get on with them all. Good luck with the move and the TTC