PDA

View Full Version : Where do you keep it all?

mammumof4
03-04-2013, 07:13 AM
Completed Child record forms, contracts and children's emergency contact details. Where do you keep it all??

Been doing this years but lately I'm questioning if in still doing things right (and my sanity! lol) so would love your feedback in this :)

loocyloo
03-04-2013, 07:36 AM
LOL! i know what you mean ... i've been childminding 10 yrs, but sometimes i worry that i'm doing things right!

actually, my attendence book lives on a table by my front door, and my files of contracts etc, LJ, RA, planning and any other paperwork live in files on a shelf in the dining room. i DO have a lockable box i could put them in, but i find them more accessable on the shelf, and no one but me would know what they are!

i have one file that has every childs contracts/and paperwork in, ( in seperate sections per child/family ) and another file with all my own miscellaneous paperwork in. all development matters stuff etc goes in childs LJ scrapbook (s !!! as some children are now ontheir 2nd or 3rd! )

Nicola Carlyle
03-04-2013, 07:38 AM
All off my children have an a4 ring binder with dividers inside and all the confidential paperwork is kept inside them. The folders are kept in a locked filing cabinet in my office.

Mouse
03-04-2013, 07:59 AM
I used to have 2 files for each child - one with all their paperwork in (contracts etc) and one LJ.

I recently changed it so the all the paperwork went into one big file, with a section for each child. I find it so much easier having it all together, rather than in separate folders. Each child still has their own LJ folder.

mammumof4
03-04-2013, 02:01 PM
At the moment I keep the child's record form in the back of the LJ and the contracts in a lockable file, but I often forget to lock it :0 it's just one file with sections per family.
So much paperwork all the time!! I do struggle to store it all :/

hectors house
03-04-2013, 03:49 PM
LOL! i know what you mean ... i've been childminding 10 yrs, but sometimes i worry that i'm doing things right!

actually, my attendence book lives on a table by my front door, and my files of contracts etc, LJ, RA, planning and any other paperwork live in files on a shelf in the dining room. i DO have a lockable box i could put them in, but i find them more accessable on the shelf, and no one but me would know what they are!

i have one file that has every childs contracts/and paperwork in, ( in seperate sections per child/family ) and another file with all my own miscellaneous paperwork in. all development matters stuff etc goes in childs LJ scrapbook (s !!! as some children are now ontheir 2nd or 3rd! )

Yes I do the same - all current contracts & child record forms are together in filing cabinet in a ring folder, when child leaves I take out and put in my NCMA toolkit box in case I ever need to refer to details again especially if child can sue us for an accident up to when they are 21.