PDA

View Full Version : quick bit of help with dd please!!

marnieb
03-04-2013, 07:10 AM
Right - dont know wether to take dd to the dr's or not.

Whole family has been ill with viral things on and off the past 2/3 weeks.

Took dd (4) to docs last weds as her cough was bad, but they said nope still just viral.

Last night she woke me up so many times coughing, she slept for 12 hours, is but pale and still coughing. The cough almost sounds like croup, but is steadily getting worse whereas before the cough with croup is worse at night but normally starts to tail off once they are up and about in my experience.

So, could it be a chest infection?????? Just dont want to drag everyone to the docs only to be told its still just viral!!!! No temp at all.

help!!!

shortstuff
03-04-2013, 07:19 AM
I would take lo as most docs are happy to see children to reassure parents as a minimum. Or to treat any illness should your instincts be right.

loocyloo
03-04-2013, 07:31 AM
i would go, if only to settle your own mind.

but if your DD still has cough a week on, and its not any better and she is coughing during the day, i think she needs to see someone. when my DS was a baby he ended up with an asthma puffer for when he was coughing, as he just needed a a bit of help. luckily he hasn't needed it for years now.

hugs x

Shamai
03-04-2013, 07:33 AM
When my daughter used to get a chest infection, she always sounded wheezy. I would take your dd to the docs if you're worried or maybe call NHS Direct and they will advise you over the phone. x

clareelizabeth1
03-04-2013, 08:22 AM
I'm sure by now you have prob booked an appointment. So hugs and hope she is better soon

The Juggler
03-04-2013, 08:36 AM
hope she is ok hon. def. sounds like croup type infection

angeldelight
03-04-2013, 08:44 AM
I always think its better to be on the safe side

I would take her

Hope she's ok let us know

Angel xx