PDA

View Full Version : Tax credit percentage?

jadavi
02-04-2013, 07:12 PM
Does anyone know what ratio (gmt/parent) child care is paid to people in the qualifying category?
I thought it was 70/30 but parent says its not clear.

Kiddleywinks
02-04-2013, 07:48 PM
It's currently a maximum of 70%, but there are reductions dependent on income:
I'm not 100% sure, so please don't take this as correct or current information, but it's something like 41p reduction per £1 over the threshold of £6420 for a couple, and £15860 for a lone parent.

watgem
02-04-2013, 07:49 PM
I think gvtm may pay up to 7o percent but I believe that it depends on the parents income and number of hours in a week that they work, so although some parents may get the full 7o percent many others will only get a proportion iyswim? Also it may vary according to the ages and number of children in a family

jadavi
03-04-2013, 02:57 PM
Thanks. Does anyone know if a family whose income is £21000 and who have children aged 6,4 and 2 are likely to be in that bracket? They say their tax credit is mixed up with other credits so can't tell which component is child care.
I am trying to help the family afford to use me by making sure my holding fee (shift work) does not exceed their contribution. .
Anyone know if this is likely to be 70/30 split?

watgem
03-04-2013, 06:47 PM
I think they will have to ring tax cedits themselves to discuss, they would probably need to know your hourly rate and tell tax credits, who will work out what they are entitled to, but the parents will have to do it and let you know cos tax credits only deal with the parents

jadavi
03-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Thanks. Yes they have been ringing but not being told the exact proportion.

Kiddleywinks
04-04-2013, 05:42 AM
This runs out tomorrow as the new financial year ends :
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/leaflets/wtc2.pdf Page 19

What you won't necessarily know is other income they have coming in that will also affect the amounts, so the table is only a guide
It also tells them on their award notice how much the childcare element is.