PDA

View Full Version : What a day!!

tigwig
02-04-2013, 05:20 PM
We thought we would go for a lovely walk to a country park today. My kids had wellies on as I knew it would be a bit muddy and we had 2 mindees in a pushchair each. We by passed the 'boring' path as I had the bright idea of going through the woods on an adventure! I used to do it a few years back on my own with a double buggy and apart from a few steps and the path narrowing it wasnt too bad. But today was different lol. We got so far on the path and it gradually turned muddier and muddier. We struggled through and thought it couldnt get any worse but then it did. We ended up dragging the pushchairs backwards whilst our feet were slipping underneath us then had to do the same up quite a steep hill. I even had to grab hold of a tree branch a few times to stop myself falling! We ended up ankle deep in mud (with just normal boots on how foolish I know) and must have looked a right sight! Cant tell you how relieved we were to get back to the 'boring' path lol. Has anyone else had such a fun day?:laughing:

Helen Dempster
02-04-2013, 05:38 PM
ha ha ha sounds like fun to me!!! We re-enacted "We're Going on a Bear Hunt" recently - although the kids did have their wellies on, but I only had trainers! All 3 of us ended up stuck right in the middle of a muddy - I would say puddle, but there wasn't much water! It wa soooooooooo funny - I managed to get them out before rescuing myself. They thought it was hilarious and it was LOL.

Daisy1956
02-04-2013, 05:50 PM
A few years ago my mindees (all over 8) decided to take the dog for a walk with me. So far so good, all wearing wellies, nice walk. Dog decided to have a paddle, no problem everyone happy, dog having a great time. Dog back on lead, we were playing pooh-sticks, next minute dog decided to walk up river bank unfortunately it was very, very slippy, my feet went from under me and I landed on my back in the mud, I had a very cold, uncomfortable walk home ( down all the back streets so no-one would see me). It got worse, when I got home I put all the dirty clothes into the washing machine, when it finished in the door I saw my phone. What a day.:)

cathtee
02-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Makes my day possitivly boring, may just try out your activity one day:laughing:

hectors house
02-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Had similar experience few days before Xmas when I went to our local country park with another childminder, paths were so flooded that we had to drag her double buggy across the muddy field to get back to car - she wasn't happy with me for suggesting the walk as she had a new car and had to put muddy kids in, filthy buggy and a dog that had rolled in something smelly in it!