PDA

View Full Version : Being ProActive

Pipsqueak
01-07-2008, 07:38 PM
I have been very good today, I have spent 3.5hrs trudging round 3 business/industrial/retail/office parks distributing leaflets and selling my wares.

Fingers crossed I get at least one enquiry from it.

I have offered, full/part and short term, and that I will consider emergency, one off (ad hoc) care subject to T&C's and availability. Thought about putting on the leaflet about willing to babysit but I'm trying not to go down this route just yet.

I have been ProActive and feeling good about it.

Tomorrow I will update my CIS listing... busy busy busy:thumbsup:

katickles
01-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Good on you - I really hope that your phone starts ringing off the hook!! :clapping: :clapping:

angeldelight
01-07-2008, 07:42 PM
Good luck Pip hope you get lots of calls

Angel xx

Spangles
01-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Hope you get some responses! Sounds like you're really busy!

I leaflet dropped at the ind park near me and didn't get even one enquiry which quite shocked me! I think that must be quite unusual!

I think next time I might send leaflets in marked for the attention of the HR department and give it another whirl!

Pipsqueak
01-07-2008, 07:54 PM
One of the parks I targeted has an on-site nursery that has had rave reviews.
Another of the parks has a planning application for a nursery (less than a mile from the mentioned above) so I thought I'd get in their pretty pronto.

Do you know, it was all the small businesses who said they'd be more than happy to display my leaflet, the bigger places ummmed and aaahed a bit. One place even said they didn't want to be seen to be promoting or endorsing one particular childcarer over another. So I asked if other Minders or Nurseries have approached them about displaying leaflets - they said yes the nursery, I asked if they display their poster (which I could plainly see on the employees board) at which point they took my poster!!! I asked again if they had been approached by other minders and said that if they preferred I could organise a poster that had several options of minder to call (some minders who I know are struggling for work as well).

I'm also going to target some of the local toddler/playgroups as well, leisure center and the college again.

Rubybubbles
01-07-2008, 07:57 PM
well done hun, hope somthing comes good from it for u:thumbsup:

breezy
01-07-2008, 08:56 PM
Good for you, if all else fails you can look after me I'm shattered, would just need lots of sleep and dont worry about healthy eating just chips will do :littleangel:

berkschick
01-07-2008, 09:07 PM
I hope your hard work pays off :)

Trouble
01-07-2008, 09:17 PM
what a bout hospital (for nurses), dentists etc,

good on you for making a point

ruby
02-07-2008, 11:37 AM
good luck

i hope all your hard work pays off

fingers crossed

cathy

Pipsqueak
02-07-2008, 05:26 PM
I have also approached the school (new head) and he was wonderful (after the nursery teacher saying I couldn't advertise on the parents board but allowing the next door nursery too!!!!:rolleyes: ).

He has no problem with me putting my poster in the nursery. He has also offered a page on the website (that the school will pay for - but I think I will donate some pennies) that describes other types of childcare provisions around the school area:clapping: :clapping: he said that we could provide a link to our own websites if we have one. He said perhaps the newsletter team could put a notice once or twice a year in.

Then!!!! then he said to speak to our EY team and has offered teh use of the ICT suite in school and a ICT geek (his words) so he can teach us how to set up our own websites etc!!:clapping: :clapping:

THEN!!!! we got talking about EYFS - he said that Mrs B (deputy head) was running a short training course for the teachers in the school and he would ask if she minded a couple of us minders sitting in so we can provide some input into how we do things and so we can understand the schools position and all be working from the same page. How is that for taking us childminders seriously:thumbsup: . Thats blo*dy amazing - progressive brilliant headteacher. Will be seeing our EY team first thing tomorrow!!!

Talk about taking the bull by the horns - you never know where it will get you

Annie_T
02-07-2008, 05:51 PM
WELL DONE HUN, EVERY LITTLE HELPS GET YOUR BUSINESS out there
(ops caps sorry) ..

good to keep busy i say

Pedagog
03-07-2008, 08:27 AM
Well done, you have been busy haven't you?