PDA

View Full Version : Mental health and Offsted

Kevin1964
02-04-2013, 12:34 PM
unusal question? My partner got A Offsted meed form though. She not going to be a childminder or even look after children she just my partner and we live together 26 years know :o. She suffer from learning difficulties she got borderline personality disorder. So I do not know how Offsted will look at this. She never violent or world never do anything to a child. Any ideas Please

hectors house
02-04-2013, 12:39 PM
I registered 8 years ago and my husband just had to complete CRB form, didn't have to do a medical form for him - I would ring Ofsted and double check they understand it is you registering and not her - unless anyone who has registered more recently can confirm that the form is correct and she does have to complete. Hope you get it all sorted out soon.

moggy
02-04-2013, 01:39 PM
I have never heard of partner needing med form- I'd check with Ofsted as they may have made a mistake there.

caz3007
02-04-2013, 01:44 PM
I think I would ring them to make sure its right. After all how would they know she has a borderline personality disorder if she isnt the one applying to be a CM.

suziealderton
02-04-2013, 02:14 PM
I have never heard of partner needing med form- I'd check with Ofsted as they may have made a mistake there.

ofsted make a mistake???? surely not!x

Kevin1964
02-04-2013, 02:22 PM
Thanks all I called them because of her BPD she needs to be checked by ofsted so she needs her own med check. I was told that it might restrict the age of children or I might not be able to look after children depending on what they get back

FussyElmo
02-04-2013, 02:27 PM
unusal question? My partner got A Offsted meed form though. She not going to be a childminder or even look after children she just my partner and we live together 26 years know :o. She suffer from learning difficulties she got borderline personality disorder. So I do not know how Offsted will look at this. She never violent or world never do anything to a child. Any ideas Please

Did you put anywhere on your application forms this information. If yes they could just be checking she is a fit person to be around children.

FussyElmo
02-04-2013, 02:28 PM
Sorry kevin your post hadn't appeared on my phone before I replied :-)

angeldelight
02-04-2013, 02:29 PM
Yes I agree it would just be normal procedure if you had explained to them

They will just want to be reassured everything is ok

I'm sure everything will be fine

Good luck

Angel xxx

Kevin1964
02-04-2013, 03:02 PM
thanks all I can not remmber puting anything on the form I not sent my med form yet as it still at my Docs :)

sarah707
02-04-2013, 05:07 PM
It is likely to slow your registration down quite a lot especially if they want your wife to see their own doctors to clarify things (which you should expect as it's fairly routine).

I suggest you get your documents done and sent in as quickly as possible. :D