PDA

View Full Version : 10 year old boys!

Carls
02-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Help what can we do at home with this age group? I'm ok when we hour but not always possible??? Ideas please???

Mice and Toad
02-04-2013, 10:40 AM
My 11 year old son plays with the mindees, brilliant with children, loves them.

Does he have a DS, ipod, sort of electrical he could bring what about a playstation ( games vetted),computer, going out park, garden center, library.

Origami websites keep mine entertained and quiet for hours, cooking (cleaning bowl with finger a must), playing footbal in the garden, if you have a wall outside what about a bat and bowl, I used to spend hours when I was little doing this.

cathtee
02-04-2013, 11:49 AM
I have 12 +13 mindees during the hols, they bring ps3 and laptops with them, at the moment 13 yr is on his tablet with a 3 yr old and
they are playing games, it's lovely to watch older ones interact with the lo's, also hanve a 6 + 7 yr playing on a kindle fire, no squabbles
so far. They also bring scooters and balls we do craft and make cakes and all the ages love it

serin
02-04-2013, 12:04 PM
I have 12 +13 mindees during the hols, they bring ps3 and laptops with them, at the moment 13 yr is on his tablet with a 3 yr old and
they are playing games, it's lovely to watch older ones interact with the lo's, also hanve a 6 + 7 yr playing on a kindle fire, no squabbles
so far. They also bring scooters and balls we do craft and make cakes and all the ages love it

I have an 8 year old in the holidays and I am struggling what to do as well. If the weather is nice I would take them to the park for a bit. They like the games consoles but I dont want then on it all day. Sometimes I let him play games on the laptop as well. You can take them museums, libraries (its free) but Ive already done that now.

helenpotter
02-04-2013, 12:30 PM
I have a 9 yr old boy today, also 3 younger children. They have all enjoyed baking biscuits this morning. Junk modelling tommorrow . Parks and museum are always enjoyed by all of them.

Tazmin68
02-04-2013, 12:51 PM
We have been to becketts farm and saw the baby animals, on Friday we are going to umberslade children's farm as I have some 2 for 1 vouchers. Next week we are going to an indoor play centre and West Midlands safari park I have some money off vouchers as as you get a free return voucher we go back again either August or October half term.