PDA

View Full Version : Parents and childcare.co.uk

jackie 7
02-04-2013, 08:59 AM
Do parents realise that we can see if they have bothered to read our messages to them? That want us to send messages but I get cross when they don't read them. Another thing I wish they would have the manners to send a message saying thanks for meeting you but we won't be using you. Rant over!

leeanne910
02-04-2013, 09:11 AM
I hear ya!!! Annoys me.too. Think its frustration as u try so hard! X

Mice and Toad
02-04-2013, 10:33 AM
It ANNOYS me to, I end up checking every couple of hours to see if they have read the message then check every couple of hours for the reply:censored:

Nicola Carlyle
02-04-2013, 12:29 PM
Annoys me to. Parents who are so desperate for childcare but can't be bothered to pick up their mail. I had a parent contact me recently asking if I had space and was very angry when I said no as apparently I sent her an email telling her I did have space. I did send her an email saying that but that was a month ago and had managed to fill it with someone else. She was furious!

Rick
02-04-2013, 02:44 PM
I've thought this many times before....people don't realise we are human beings, they think they're talking to the computer and also that we will keep a space open for them indefinitely!
I'm fairly sure people who have ignored me for 2 months, then send me a message only do so because they haven't found someone else (a lady childminder). I think I'm worth more than that but at least now I can say I am full....thanks but no thanks!
I would have thought parents realise we know when a message has been read as it will be same for them!

Rick
02-04-2013, 02:46 PM
It ANNOYS me to, I end up checking every couple of hours to see if they have read the message then check every couple of hours for the reply:censored:

I used to do that. I'm so glad I'm full now as I was checking it too often!

sprinkles
02-04-2013, 03:05 PM
I don't get the opportunity to get annoyed at it as there are hardly any local parents on it, and the ones that are haven't even logged in this year!!

Kiddleywinks
02-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Oh I feel your pain :laughing:

chezzagriff
04-04-2013, 09:29 AM
It annoys me when they have last logged in after you send a message and still havent read it!! I have also had a few local parents read messages, not reply and then a month or so after follow up. When I told one parent I didnt have a space anymore she said "Oh its ok cos I was waiting to see how many messages I would be sent by the end of the month so I have other childminders to visit" I understand people who want to look at a few childminders to get the best care for their child but why not reply and visit whilst still looking around.