PDA

View Full Version : Out of school clubs - can someone point me to their regulations please?

Lilylulu
01-04-2013, 10:42 PM
Hi, just want to check on something. One of our parents plans to use an out of school club to work round the hours her child attends a preschool. He has previously been with us full time including his funded hours - 'but preschool will get him used to a school environment'. The parent changes her mind every other week on various aspects of his care, Im just wondering if this is likely to work out before i do a new working for his fees as he is on an annual fees plan to divide up the fees throughout the year. (dont ever do this - its a complete nuisance when they change their plans). The orgional question is because the little one is only 3 and a half still, the out of school club brochure says from 4-11 years. I am wondering if they have limitations on the ages of children they can have there - can anyone tell me? Thanks for your help xx

LauraS
02-04-2013, 05:56 AM
I would check their ofsted registration - are they registered for eyfs kids? They come under the same rules and register as us as far as that is concerned, I believe.

I know of one oosc who is only registered and staffed for school aged kids (or rising 5s) but turns a blind eye to take preschoolers.

blue bear
02-04-2013, 07:07 AM
I've never heard of an after school club taking non school children around here suppose it depends o. The set up, our pre schools finish at lunch time.

AliceK
02-04-2013, 07:11 AM
My own childrens school doesn't do before / after school until the child is in Year 1, presumably there is too much red tape and regulation for EYFS children. However the primary school down the road from me does wrap around care from the age of 3yr.

xxxxx

ChocolateChip
02-04-2013, 08:41 AM
Think you need to check the particular school info, ours took from reception class and over, but one of my mindees goes to a school nursery in another town and she attends before and after school club there, as mum pays for them for the extra hours. (only have her one day a week)
So I guess each setting is different.

suziealderton
02-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Hi, just want to check on something. One of our parents plans to use an out of school club to work round the hours her child attends a preschool. He has previously been with us full time including his funded hours - 'but preschool will get him used to a school environment'. The parent changes her mind every other week on various aspects of his care, Im just wondering if this is likely to work out before i do a new working for his fees as he is on an annual fees plan to divide up the fees throughout the year. (dont ever do this - its a complete nuisance when they change their plans). The orgional question is because the little one is only 3 and a half still, the out of school club brochure says from 4-11 years. I am wondering if they have limitations on the ages of children they can have there - can anyone tell me? Thanks for your help xx

has this mum actually spoken to the after school club to see if they will take him-or has she just got the idea in her head herself?

The Juggler
02-04-2013, 10:37 AM
all the clubs I know only take eyfs children who have started reception (or the summer before they are due to start)