PDA

View Full Version : Conjuctivitis

kimnolan87
01-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Hiya,

I've just been informed that the LO who is due to be here tomorrow has suspected conjuctivitis.

He's the only minded child here tomorrow, although my two godsons are coming over for a sleep over.

LO hasn't been to the doctor, but mum said she'll see how he is in the morning.

I've looked at the guidelines and there are no suggested time frames to be away from the setting, although this is highly infectious.....

Any advice?

Thanks xxx

Mrs Scrubbit
01-04-2013, 09:39 PM
hi nhs state no need to stay off work or keep children from school. So they may come, we must just ensure really good hygeine practise, hth x

tashaleee
01-04-2013, 10:03 PM
Depends on the age really - its highly contagious especially in little ones that keep touching their eyes

Personally I have a Policy and its written into all contracts as well that I wont accept any under 5s with the condition and all my parents are made aware when they sign up with me - no exceptions

At the end of the day its your business and your choice :thumbsup:

FussyElmo
02-04-2013, 06:52 AM
Also some doctors wont prescribe cream/drops for it as in most cases it will clear up on its own.

kimnolan87
02-04-2013, 08:55 AM
Thanks - LO isn't coming for a full day today, as he's up late and mum is off work. So he's just popping round for an hour later (mum's a close friend, so it's a catch up for us really)

I don't see if there are no official guidelines, how you can stop a child from coming? But like you say, your business your rules :) xxx