PDA

View Full Version : SEF..who on earth invented that format?

Simona
01-04-2013, 05:26 PM
Just edited my SEF...
I do not mind doing it, or reflecting on practice, or stating the obvious and marking myself down one grade just in case they think I am a bit pushy ...
yes I will constantly readapt after change upon change, reform after reform and possible proposals coming our way and yes I know the inspector will ask me a few questions instead of a steady stream if she has not seen this blessed form but...

what I do mind very much is that tiny little window they give one to write my reflective actions in..give me a full page please so I can see at a glance what I have written...aarrgghh!!!

Please Ofsted take pity on visual learners that need to see things large and clear!!

and please Ofsted could you make the printing of it easier...I wasted reams of paper having to print 3 times after re-editing and adding a few lines...it all went out of order....double AARRGGHH!!!

and for moving my previous evaluation..plaese leave it to me to do as frankly Ofsted you left a true mess behind!

End of moaning!

WibbleWobble
01-04-2013, 05:36 PM
i do mine in word so i can see it all then cut n paste

wibble xxxx

Ripeberry
01-04-2013, 05:37 PM
I try to type it out in full and then copy and paste. But I share your pain. They are a bit sadistic!

Simona
01-04-2013, 05:49 PM
I wish I knew how to do it in Word... and copying and pasting...so I need to improve my IT skills here
Thank you for telling me...am sad as I see this pile of paper in the bin, so many trees wasted!

and I have left Ofsted a 'polite feedback' on their 'please leave your comment' section....I suppose its going to be 'all change' from Sept when the new framework comes in....depressing!!

sarah707
01-04-2013, 06:15 PM
It's not easy doing it online it's way too easy to lose information :panic:

Just use control and c, put it into word then you can format it and move it around :D

VeggieSausage
01-04-2013, 08:16 PM
I can't remember how to find my sef can anyone help pls?

Simona
01-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Google: Ofsted online
click on the link to the SEF
Enter your username (email address)
enter your password
Give your User ID number (12 digit figure)

Click on your Ofsted No (top left hand side) and you are in

Remember to save your changes as you go along each section (if you leave the page idle you will be logged out)

Write all you need and save...submit when the SEF is comleted
Good luck

safcfluff
01-04-2013, 09:17 PM
Reminds me I must do my SEF. Argh!

AliceK
02-04-2013, 07:08 AM
I don't do one. I have a self evaluation folder which I write things in. I find the SEF so repetitive

Simona
02-04-2013, 07:41 AM
The old version was very repetitive and Ofsted have acted on our moans... the new one is not because each area refers to one part of your practice...it is definetely shorter and more focussed and certainly no room for repetition
As it is not compulsory to do cms can choose how to evidence practice...

Does anyone have evidence of CPD for the inspection?

AliceK
02-04-2013, 08:12 AM
My inspection only lasted 2.5hrs and I had not done an online SEF, just my own CPD folder.

xxxx